Car accidents happen every day. We may not realize it, but rarely does a day go by when we don’t witness a car accident on our way to work. People get into rear-end accidents all the time. Thankfully, most of the accidents are minor and the injuries aren’t very serious. Other times, the injuries can be life-threatening.
We can do as much as possible to prevent car accidents, but they happen. There’s a reason why they’re called accidents after all. But it’s still important to know the most common causes of car accidents in Atlanta.
Car accident lawyers handle all sorts of cases. Some have handled hundreds over their career. Most of these accidents could have been prevented. Especially those caused by negligence.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, you need an experienced attorney. Your Atlanta Auto accident lawyer will do his best to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
Your Atlanta Auto Accident Lawyer Has Handled All Sorts of Cases
There are as many types of car accidents as there are car accident lawyers. Most of these cases are based on negligence. It’s your attorney’s job to prove that the defendant is responsible for your injuries. If he can do that, you’ll receive the compensation you deserve.
Some of the most common types of car accidents in Atlanta include:
- Rear-end collisions
- Wrong-way accidents
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Distracted driving
- Head-on collisions
If you’ve been involved in any of these, then you know how scary they can be. Even if the accident is minor, you’ll probably still suffer some injuries. Your Atlanta Auto accident lawyer will work to get you compensation for these injuries.
Your Atlanta Car Accident Attorney Will Get You Compensation for Your Injuries
Depending on how serious your injuries are, you may be entitled to compensation. Obviously, the more serious your injuries, the more money you can expect to receive. You just have to remember that it’s your attorney’s job to make you whole. It’s not his job to make you rich.
You have to actually suffer an injury in order to file a claim for damages. Some of the more common injuries caused by car accidents include:
- Back Injuries – Many accidents cause back issues. These could range anywhere from a herniated disc to a severed spinal cord. You will probably need surgery and physical therapy. You may be facing months or years of recovery.
- Neck Injuries – The most common neck injury is whiplash. However, you could suffer much more serious injuries such as a broken neck.
- Traumatic Brain Injury – If your head suffers a serious blow during the accident, you may end up with a traumatic brain injury. This type of injury can be life altering.
- Broken bones and lacerations – Very few people escape a car accident with no injuries. At a minimum, you’ll probably end up with some broken bones and lacerations.
Your lawyer will rely on medical records to prove your injuries. He’ll submit MRIs and x-rays to prove how serious your injuries are. Your doctor may have to testify in order to convince a jury that you were hurt. Your lawyer will submit whatever evidence is necessary to prove you were hurt.
Call and Schedule a Free Consultation with an Atlanta Auto Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one have been hurt in a car accident, you need to contact an Atlanta auto accident attorney. You can sit down with a lawyer and discuss your case. He’ll let you know what your case may be worth.
When you meet with your lawyer for the first time, make sure to bring the following:
- Copy of the police report
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- Contact information for eye witnesses
- All correspondence received from the other driver
- Proof of damages including medical bills and time sheets
Your initial consultation is absolutely free. Your lawyer will review the evidence and see if you have a strong case. He’ll reach out to the other driver’s insurance company to try to and settle your claim.
If he can’t settle your claim he’ll have no choice but to file suit. He’ll pursue anyone who may be responsible for your injuries. Call today to discuss your case. And remember – you pay nothing until you settle your case.