Concord, North Carolina is a hotspot for motorsports. But in this city, tragedies do not just occur in the motorsports arena. Wrongful deaths happen not only to daredevil athletes, but also to ordinary people even in seemingly safe places like at work or in a clinic.
Have you lost a loved one to a wrongful or accidental death incident in Concord? If so, you are not alone. Consult with a lawyer at Ted A. Greve & Associates, P.A.
Wrongful Death Statistics in Concord
There are many events that lead to wrongful death, but the common denominator is that they are caused by someone else’s negligence or carelessness.
Here are some of the top causes of wrongful deaths in Concord and North Carolina:
- Vehicular accidents. Data-gathering body City-data.com recorded 4 fatalities from Concord car crashes in 2011. Another report from North Carolina’s Highway Safety Research Center showed that one person also died of fatal injuries from a truck-related accident that year.
- Workplace accidents. The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that in 2011, there were a total of 148 fatal occupational injuries in North Carolina, 22 of which were specifically in the Charlotte-Gastonia-Concord area. Common workplace accident include construction site accidents.
- Medical malpractice. Some 4,000 patients in North Carolina hospitals die each year because of preventable medical mistakes, according to the New England Journal of Medicine.
- Other events leading to wrongful deaths include slip and fall accidents (which trace back to another’s negligence, such as failure to put a cautionary sign at a hazardous area), medication errors, and defective products.
Wrongful Death Compensation
You may be compensated for the burdens you carry due to the untimely loss of your loved one. If you are the victim’s spouse, child, or parent, then you can claim compensation for the wrongful death. This compensation can cover the financial (economic) and emotional (non-economic) aspects of your loss, including:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Medical expenses leading up to the victim’s death
- Expected loss of income and material benefits from the victim
- Sorrow and emotional distress
- Loss of companionship
You may benefit greatly from hiring a skilled wrongful death lawyer to determine the maximum payments you can receive and who can help you fight for your rights to receive it. Your lawyer can also stand up for you if there are multiple beneficiaries in the case, so that you don’t get left behind in the division and you obtain the compensation you deserve.
A Law Firm You Can Count On
The loss of a loved one becomes more difficult when you know that someone else is responsible for it, and that the accident could have been avoided. A good injury and wrongful death lawyer in Concord can help win your case and lift the legal weight off your shoulders. But more than that, they can provide the proper guidance and even emotional support you need throughout this difficult time.
You’ll find this at Ted A. Greve & Associates, P.A. The firm is backed by two decades of experience in wrongful death claims. Beyond that, they will understand your emotional needs and will handle your case the way a comforting friend or family member will. Call them at 1-800-375-9190 for a free consultation.