When you get into a car accident, you know you’re going to have to file a car insurance claim. This is why you pay for auto insurance to begin with. If you get hurt or your car is damaged in an accident, it should be covered by insurance. This is why it can be extremely frustrating to learn that your car wreck claim has been denied.
The important things to remember is that, just because your claim is denied, doesn’t mean you won’t ever get paid. It also doesn’t mean anything personally. It is simply a matter of the insurance company making a business decision to deny your claim. If they paid every claim that came across their desk, they’d go bankrupt in no time. They tend to deny claims that are larger because they think they can settle for less later on. They also tend to deny claims where fault is in question.
The good news is that you can appeal a claim. You can handle this yourself if you choose. But, if you want the best chances of winning your appeal, you’ll hire an experienced car crash lawyer in Augusta. You can call today and schedule your free initial consultation. Let them deal with the insurance company on your behalf.
Your Car Wreck Claim Could Be Denied Because It’s Large
There is a chance that your claim was denied because it was larger. When an insurance adjuster sees a large claim, they tend to think they can settle for less later on. And, for the most part, they’re right. Your attorney will make a demand for damages. However, they fully understand that you’ll more than likely settle for less than the full amount.
Your Augusta car accident lawyer will fight to make sure you receive the compensation you deserve. Some of the damages they’ll demand include the following:
- Medical bills and future medical bills – Depending on the extent of your injuries, you may need surgery, physical therapy and other treatment. You shouldn’t have to pay for this yourself. Your personal health insurance provider may cover it, but they’ll expect to be reimbursed.
- Lost wages and lost future earnings – Most people who are in a car accident miss some time from work. Even if all you suffer is whiplash, it can cause you to miss a week or two from work. Other people are out of work for months or longer.
- Pain and suffering – People don’t always appreciate how bad pain can be. It can hurt physically, mentally and emotionally. You may be entitled to damages for this.
- Property damage – If the accident is serious, your car may be damaged or destroyed. You’re entitled to be compensated for this so you can get a new car.
In order to receive a dime, you need to prove your losses. Your car accident attorney knows how to do this. They’ll submit the evidence necessary to show that you have suffered a loss. And they’ll demand that the other driver be held responsible for this.
If Your Claim is Denied, Your Augusta Car Accident Lawyer Can File an Appeal
Your car accident claim could be denied for any number of reasons. Insurance companies can’t possibly pay every claim that comes through the door. However, there are certain common reasons why your claim could be denied. Some of these include:
- The defendant may have let their policy lapse
- The vehicle may not have been listed on the policy
- The insurance company may believe you caused the crash
- You could have a history of filing false insurance claims
- There could be multiple plaintiffs and the insurance adjuster thinks their odds of settling for less are high
Whatever the reason, your Augusta car accident lawyer will try to appeal your claim.
Contact an Experienced Car Accident Lawyer in Augusta, Georgia Today
If you are injured in any sort of motor vehicle accident, you will have to file an insurance claim. There is a chance that your car wreck claim could be denied. The good news is that your car accident lawyer in Augusta can file an appeal on your behalf. As long as the claim was not denied because the policy wasn’t valid, you have a good chance at winning your appeal.
Call today and schedule your initial consultation. The consultation is free and it gives you a chance to sit down with a lawyer who can answer any questions you may have. And remember – you pay nothing until your case is settled.