If you get into a car accident in Augusta, Georgia, you’re going to feel a lot of different things. You’ll be afraid and praying that you and your passengers aren’t hurt. You’re going to be angry at the person who hit you. And you’re going to be frustrated that you have to deal with insurance companies and lawyers. This is only natural. That’s why it’s a good idea to call and talk to an Augusta auto wreck lawyer sooner rather than later.
Your lawyer is going to work hard to get you the compensation you deserve. They’ll prepare your case and gather the evidence to prove the other driver was at fault. This means they’ll need things like the police report and your medical records. That’s why it’s so important that you take the necessary steps after your crash.
The three things you have to do after your car accident – no matter how minor – are:
- Call 911. They’ll send a police officer out to do a thorough investigation of the accident. They’ll talk to both the drivers and get their statements. They’ll make sure both drivers have a valid license and current insurance. They’ll also look to see if either of the drivers are under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Once they complete their investigation, they’ll prepare something called the police report. This report will be crucial when it comes time for your lawyer to prove your case.
- Go to the hospital. A lot of people think that they’re find after a car crash. This is especially true if the accident is minor. But no matter how you feel, you need to go to the emergency room. There, the doctors will run all the necessary tests to make sure you’re okay. They’ll also document your injuries. Your Augusta injury lawyer will need these records to prove that you were injured.
- Call an experienced car accident lawyer in Augusta, Georgia. They’re going to need time to prepare your case. They’re also going to want to talk to the defendant’s insurance company and try to get your claim paid. If this isn’t possible, they’ll file a lawsuit on your behalf.
If you follow these steps, you’ll give your Augusta car accident lawyer the best shot at proving your case.
Your Augusta Auto Wreck Lawyer Knows What Evidence You’ll Need
In order to win your case, your Augusta car accident lawyer needs to prove two things. First, they need to demonstrate that the other party caused the crash. They also need to prove that you were injured. If they can’t do both of these things, you’ll never get a dime. That’s why your attorney need as much time as possible to prepare your case.
In order to prove the other driver was at fault, you’ll need the police report. This report has most of the information your lawyer will need. Some of this includes:
- Description of the accident scene
- Statements from the drivers
- Contact information for any witnesses
- Statements made by the witnesses
- Pictures of the accident scene
- Description of road conditions
In order to prove that you were actually hurt, your Augusta injury lawyer needs your medical records. It’s not enough that you were involved in a crash. You also need to show hard evidence that you were injured. Some of the damages your attorney can demand include:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages and lost future income
- Property damage
- Permanent disability
- Pain and suffering
The best way to prove you have suffered all of these things is using medical records.
Contact Ted A. Greve & Associates Right Away
We understand that the last thing you’ll feel like doing after your crash is calling a lawyer. The thing is, the sooner you call them, the better chance you have of winning your case. Even if the evidence is strong, you should hire a skilled car wreck law firm in Augusta, Georgia to handle your case. You only have a certain amount of time to file suit in Georgia. The statute of limitations for a car accident is two (2) years. If you miss this filing window, you’ll end up having your case dismissed.
Call today and schedule your free initial consultation. You can sit down with an experienced car accident lawyer who will answer any questions you may have. They’ll also start to prepare your case so you can get the compensation you deserve. The consultation is free and you won’t pay anything until your case settles.