When injured due to an accident that is the fault of another, you have a right to seek a personal injury settlement in Atlanta, Georgia. These cases cover a range of damages and can compensate you if you are unable to work because of your recovery time or the extent and severity of your injuries.
Regardless of the accident that caused your injuries, you have a right to personal injury compensation. This can help pay for your time away from work as well as any lost wages you may endure due to the impact your injuries caused by the accident. Based on the extent of your injuries and its long-term limiting factors, you can also seek a settlement that covers any future earnings you will miss out on due to your injuries from the personal injury accident.
A personal injury attorney can help you calculate the time you currently have missed from work due to your medical treatment or recovery time. They can also put a number on the future earnings that will be affected due to your injuries and their debilitating effects.
Talk to your lawyer about receiving personal injury compensation in Atlanta, Georgia for your case. When someone else’s negligence has caused you harm, you deserve compensation. Your attorney will fight to get you the maximum settlement you deserve in your personal injury case.
What Will My Personal Injury Settlement Include in Atlanta, Georgia?
You have a right to the maximum personal injury settlement in Atlanta, Georgia for your personal injury case. Your personal injury lawyer can help you determine your damages and as a result, figure out how much compensation you are due. Depending on the circumstances of your Atlanta, Georgia accident, your lawyer may add any of the following to your settlement calculation:
- Medical expenses: Calculations of all of your current and future medical expenses are included as part of your Atlanta, Georgia personal injury settlement award. This takes into account the medical treatment you needed immediately after the accident as well as any treatment you will need in the future for your injuries.
- Lost wages: As mentioned, you are due lost wages for current and future earning losses from your inability to work because of your personal injuries.
- Pain and suffering: Personal injury accidents can have an emotional effect. As such, pain and suffering damages can be a part of your personal injury compensation in Atlanta, Georgia. Your attorney can determine the settlement amount for your pain and suffering losses.
- Loss of enjoyment: When you are unable to enjoy the same activities as you could before your injuries because of another’s negligence, it is a loss of enjoyment. You can seek loss of enjoyment damages in a personal injury lawsuit as part of your total compensation.
- Loss of consortium: If you undergo a loss of a relationship due to injury from an accident, this is considered a loss of consortium. This could mean the loss of a loved one or a change in behavior that has resulted in a change in the relationship from what it once was. Your personal injury attorney can determine if a loss of consortium has occurred in your case.
- Punitive damages: The law allows for punitive damages to be paid in a personal injury case. These damages act as a deterrent to the defendant and provide additional financial impact. They are designed to prevent others from engaging in the same dangerous behavior. There is no cap on punitive damages for a personal injury settlement in Atlanta, Georgia.
When Do I Need to File for Personal Injury Compensation in Atlanta, Georgia?
There are laws that govern the filing of personal injury lawsuits. The deadline to file a personal injury claim is two years from the date of the negligent accident. Filing a suit after this date will result in a dismissal of your case by the defendant. A personal injury attorney can ensure your personal injury lawsuit is filed in a timely manner, so you are sure to receive the maximum personal injury settlement award in Atlanta, Georgia. Do not delay speaking to a lawyer about your personal injury case as this will only delay your settlement award and prevent you from getting on the road to recovery financially.
Schedule a Consultation to Discuss Your Personal Injury Lawsuit in Atlanta, Georgia
When injured because of the negligence of another, you have a right to a fair Atlanta, Georgia personal injury settlement. The personal injury attorneys in Atlanta, Ga at Ted A. Greve & Associates can help. They can represent you in court and will fight to get you the maximum personal injury compensation award that is possible for your lawsuit. Contact us today to set up a consultation to discuss your case.