Nursing Home Abuse

Nursing Home Abuse

When you place a family member in the care of an assisted living center or nursing home facility, you rightfully expect their caregivers to treat your loved one with the same amount of respect and love that you would in your own home. Should those standards not be met or upheld, you then have the legal right to file a claim for their negligence.

Numerous forms of nursing home abuse can take place in these facilities, as their staff may be untrained or overworked. Apart from physical abuse or mistreatment, your loved one may also suffer from nursing home neglect or abuse in the form of force feeding, mishandling, failure to provide treatment, under or overmedicating, inattention to requests for care, improper upkeep of cleanliness and hygiene, or even use of excess restraints.

Nursing home abuse or negligence is not to be taken lightly, as these may result in physical and emotional problems, and may also result in severe injuries and death.

Common signs of nursing home abuse to watch out for are cuts, scrapes, bruises, burns, bedsores, pressure sores, broken bones, malnutrition, and dehydration. If you notice any of these warning signs of nursing home abuse occurring to a loved one in a nursing home, immediately contact a legal representative from Ted A. Greve & Associates, P.A.

A nursing home abuse attorney will be able to help you put an end to such negligence, and will help you find a new residence for your loved one. An attorney will also help you obtain compensation for the economic and non-economic losses suffered by you or your loved one, including medical bills, nursing home expenses, mental anguish, and pain and suffering.

Contact Ted A. Greve & Associates, P.A.

If you have reason to believe that a loved one is a victim of nursing home abuse, contact Ted A. Greve & Associates, P.A. as soon as possible. We will help you fight for you and your loved one’s rights and will ensure that you are compensated fairly and justly for your injuries and losses.

Protect yourself and your loved ones. Call Ted A. Greve & Associates, P.A. for a free and confidential consultation.