Many of the accidents that happen in Georgia don’t happen by chance. They are caused by the reckless or negligent actions of another person or entity. Accidents can have far-reaching consequences. It can result in severe injuries and complications that can affect your entire life.
If you or your loved one has sustained injuries in an accident, you have the right to demand justice. An experienced Evans personal injury lawyer can help you hold liable parties accountable for their careless actions. Ted A. Greve and Associates can help you secure compensation for damages such as medical bills, lost income, property damage, and mental anguish.
Contact us today at (706) 222-1677 to speak to a seasoned personal injury attorney in Evans, GA. We are ready to answer all your questions. Get started now to find out if you have a case. Our legal team is prepared to protect your rights and financial interests.
Table of Contents
What Should I Do After an Injury?
Never panic after an accident. Take time to think and evaluate what to do next. Here are some necessary steps after an injury:
Get Medical Treatment If Needed
Your health and wellbeing are the most important things after an accident. Always check if you have any visible injuries. If you visit a hospital after an accident, make sure you keep a record of your hospital visits.
Take Photos/Video If You Can
Use your camera or smartphone to take pictures and videos after an accident. This can help you build a watertight Evans personal injury claim.
Get the names and numbers of any witnesses
Don’t let bystanders leave the scene of the accident without getting their contact details. An experienced personal injury lawyer in Evans can use witness statements to prove fault in your claim.
Report the Incident
If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident, dial 911 immediately. For work-related accidents, report your injury to your supervisor. You have 30 days to report your accident to your employer. Don’t disregard reporting an accident to your employer.
Never Admit Fault
Don’t make the clumsy mistake of apologizing after an accident. You may end up implicating yourself. Always deny that you are to blame for an accident.
Call a Personal Injury Lawyer!
Contact Ted A. Greve and Associates immediately after your accident. Our personal injury lawyers will conduct an in-depth investigation to determine if you have a case. We will also advise you about your legal options.
Why do I Need a Lawyer?
Georgia’s personal injury laws are complicated. If you’ve sustained injuries after an accident, contact a seasoned personal injury lawyer near Evans. Here are some benefits of hiring Ted A. Greve and Associates:
Case Preparation / Filing a Lawsuit
Our legal team will investigate the scene of the accident as we gather evidence. We will also determine the value of your claim and the severity of your injuries. Our attorneys will review evidence such as photos and video surveillance. Once we exhaust our investigations, we will file a personal injury claim.
At Ted A. Greve and Associates, our trusted legal team will serve the insurance company with a demand letter. We will handle all negotiations with the insurance company on your behalf. This will give you ample time to focus on your recovery.
Trial Preparation & Representation
Our skilled trial lawyers will represent you in Georgia courts. We won’t settle for any lowball offers from insurance adjusters. If need be, our attorneys will call expert witnesses to the stand to help you secure maximum compensation.
What Type of Damages Can I Recover?
There are various types of damages that you can recover in Evans, Georgia, for your personal injury case. They include:
These damages compensate for actual losses that a victim incurs. They include medical bills such as surgery costs, physical therapy, home-based care expenses, and mobility devices. Economic damages can also include lost income and lost earning capacity.
These subjective damages compensate a victim’s suffering as a result of an accident. They include mental anguish, pain and suffering, loss of reputation, and loss of enjoyment of life.
These damages aren’t awarded in all injury cases. They aim to discourage reckless behavior. Georgia law places a $250,000.00 cap on these damages.
How is Liability Determined?
Georgia is a modified comparative negligence jurisdiction. Fault for an accident is assigned as a percentage to every involved party. If your fault for an accident falls above 49%, Georgia courts will bar you from receiving any compensation.
A skilled Evans personal injury attorney can help you determine fault. At Ted A. Greve and Associates, our legal team will look into all the relevant evidence to establish liability. We will analyze police reports, dashcam footage, toxicology reports, medical reports, surveillance footage, and witness statements to prove fault. Our lawyers will use these four elements to determine liability:
- Duty of Care: The accused party had a legal obligation to provide reasonable care
- Breach of Duty of Care: The accused party breached that duty by acting in a reckless manner
- Causation: The actions of the defendant caused the accident
- Damages: The careless actions of the defendant led to damages such as lost income, medical bills, and property damage
Contact us today if you believe someone else is responsible for your injuries. Ted A. Greve and Associates will help you establish liability in your personal injury case.
How Much Time Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim in Georgia?
In Georgia, you must file your personal injury claim within two years from the date of the injury. There is a four-year time limit for property damage claims. Georgia courts may bar you from receiving any compensation if you don’t file your claim on time.
Personal Injury Claims Process
At Ted A. Greve and Associates, our lawyers will make sure we follow the proper steps to maximize your claim. Our personal injury claim process will include the following steps:
- Ensure you seek medical treatment
- Reach out to our trusted law firm in Evans, Georgia
- We’ll investigate your claim and determine who is responsible
- Assess your injuries and the value of your claim
- File a claim and start negotiations
- Appeal a denied personal injury claim
- File a lawsuit if negotiations are unsuccessful
At Ted A. Greve and Associates, our lawyers will follow the above process in your personal injury claim. We will leave no stone unturned.
How Much Will an Evans Personal Injury Lawyer Cost?
Our injury law firm in Evans, GA, doesn’t charge upfront fees for personal injury claims. We operate on a contingency fee basis. You will only pay for our legal services once we win your case.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle at Ted A. Greve and Associates
Ted A. Greve and Associates handles various types of personal injury cases in Georgia, including:
- Car Accidents – At Ted A. Greve and Associates, our experienced lawyers handle all manner of car accident cases. Even the slightest car accident can cause severe trauma.
- Distracted Driver Accidents – Texting while driving, staring at billboards, and talking on the phone are reckless actions that can result in accidents.
- Drunk Driving Accidents – It is unsafe for anyone to get behind the wheel after having too much alcohol or taking any other types of drugs. It’s also ill-advised to operate motor vehicles after taking certain medications.
- Head-On Collisions – Head-on crashes can be deadly or result in serious injuries.
- Hit & Run Accidents – Our legal team will work with the police to ensure the hit-and-run driver is caught and held responsible for their actions.
- Medical Malpractice – You require the help of an experienced lawyer to prove medical negligence.
- Motorcycle Accidents – Due to lack of physical protection, riders are more vulnerable to crushing injuries after collisions.
- Pedestrian Accidents – When a driver hits a pedestrian, the victim may suffer extensive and permanent injuries.
- Rear-End Collisions – These types of collisions can result in whiplash injuries and concussions.
- Reckless Driving – All drivers are required to observe federal and state traffic laws. You can file a claim to recover damages against a driver who runs red lights or speeds and causes an accident.
- Rollover Accidents – These types of accidents can result in traumatic brain injuries, comas, spinal injuries, loss of bodily functions, and death.
- Truck Accidents – Victims of truck accidents usually sustain severe injuries due to the size of these vehicles. Property damage is also more extensive.
- Uber Accidents – You may sue ridesharing companies or the driver’s insurer to recover damages in an Uber or Lyft accident.
- Uninsured Motorist Accidents – Your uninsured coverage may pay for damages such as medical bills if you’ve been involved in an uninsured accident.
- Workers’ Compensation – Our experienced team can help you recover compensation for work-related accidents.
- Wrongful Death – If you’ve lost a loved one due to someone else’s recklessness, contact an Evans wrongful death lawyer immediately. Let us help you get the justice you deserve.
Schedule A Free Consultation With An Evans Personal Injury Lawyer Today
An injury can completely change your life. You may sustain severe and permanent injuries after a personal injury. An accident may also change your way of life. You may not be able to return to work after an accident.
If you or your loved one has been hurt in an accident, don’t hesitate to contact our Evans personal injury law firm immediately. You have the right to seek compensation and justice for your injuries. Call Ted A.Greve & Associates today at (706) 222-1677 to speak to an experienced lawyer. All our skills, knowledge, and resources are at your disposal. Get started now!