The city of Gastonia is the county seat and the largest city in Gaston County, North Carolina. Gastonia is the 13th largest in all of North Carolina, with a 2010 population of approximately 71,000, and about 27,700 households. Gastonia and its surrounding areas are home to attractions such as The Schiele Museum of Natural History, Westfield Eastridge, and Franklin Square. Ted A. Greve & Associates, P.A., located at 365 North New Hope Road, is a Gastonia personal injury law firm composed of some of the most skilled and competent personal injury attorneys in Gastonia, North Carolina.
Our experienced legal team has been providing car accidents, slip and fall accidents, and other personal injury victims with personal and professional legal services for over a decade. We fight for our clients tirelessly and aggressively in order to help them obtain the highest possible monetary compensation to cover the cost of all their accident-related expenses, pain and suffering and more.
At Ted A. Greve & Associates, P.A., our attorneys are both knowledgeable and experienced with handling all forms of personal injury claims. Call today for a free consultation if you have suffered any of the following types of injury.
Types of Cases We Handle
No matter what type of injury you’ve suffered, the lawyers at Ted A. Greve & Associates can handle it. With over 25+ years of experience, they’ve handled several cases just like what you might have. They work to get their clients the best compensation that is possible.
Auto accidents occur on an almost daily basis and are among the leading causes of death in the United States. In fact, approximately six million motor vehicle accidents occur annually, resulting in about three million injuries and around 40,000 fatalities. Common causes for auto accidents are a driver’s negligence, driving under the influence, defective vehicle parts, speeding, and poor driving conditions.
Commercial trucks such as 18-wheelers, tractor-trailers, big rigs, and semi-trucks are used to transport products around the country. These massive vehicles come in all sizes and may weigh up to 80,000 pounds. Unfortunately, truck accidents can result in grave injuries and deaths. Common causes for these accidents are improper loading procedures, defective parts, mechanical failures, driver inexperience, driver negligence, or driver fatigue.
Workers’ compensation benefits are awarded to employees who sustain injuries while on the job or those who suffer from health conditions due to the nature of their work. By law, employers must provide their employees with workers’ compensation coverage, which ensures that injured employees receive medical attention, lost wages, and if necessary, rehabilitation.
Bad Product/ Bad Drug
The law holds drug manufacturers and health providers liable for any unsafe drugs, medications, and medical devices, particularly if they fail to properly design, manufacture, label or inspect pharmaceuticals. If an injury or wrongful death occurs because of harmful side effects or reactions to these drugs, a claim may be filed.
Social Security Disability
Social security disability is a form of compensation given to individuals who are disabled and are, therefore, unable to perform gainful work. Unfortunately, applicants are often initially rejected. The application process is a taxing and difficult one.
Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents account for about 16,000 fatalities on an annual basis and many more serious injuries. These accidents are generally caused by the existence of a dangerous condition on another person’s property that causes the person to slip, trip or fall. Slip and fall accidents can occur anywhere, such as at a grocery store, a parking lot, or a shopping mall.
Head and Spinal Injury
In the United States, approximately two million head injuries are reported on an annual basis, and about 51,000 of them are fatal, with about 20 to 30 percent of surviving victims suffering from permanent and irreversible damages. Among the most common types of head injuries are skull fractures, concussions or contusions, traumatic brain injury, anoxic brain injury, epidural hematoma, and subdural hematoma.
A wrongful death claim arises when a person dies because of the recklessness, carelessness, or negligent actions of another individual, such as in an auto accident, truck accident, slip and fall accident, or a job-related accident. The decedent’s spouse, children, parents or siblings may file this claim.
Hospitals and Medical Centers in Gastonia, North Carolina
If you or someone you love is involved in a personal injury accident in Gastonia, it is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible.
Among the major hospitals and medical centers in Gastonia, North Carolina are:
- Carolinas Healthcare Urgent Center – 603 Cox Road, Gastonia, NC 28054 / (704) 852-9561
- Gaston Memorial Hospital – 2525 Court Drive, Gastonia, NC 28054 / (704) 834-2000
- New Hope Medical Clinic – 3670 South New Hope Road, Gastonia NC 28056 / (704) 824-4560
- Weston Medsurg Center – 3723 Union Road, Gastonia, NC 28056 / (704) 271-4852
How to Strengthen Your Personal Injury Claim
If you have been hurt in an accident caused by another party’s negligent actions, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses. However, in order to receive that compensation, you have to file a personal injury claim. A personal injury lawyer Gastonia, NC residents trust can assist you with that.
Here are some tips to strengthen your personal injury claim.
- Collect evidence quickly. A personal injury claim is only as strong as its evidence. Therefore, you should gather evidence for your case as soon as possible. For example, if you were hurt in a car crash, you may want to get a copy of the police report, take photos of the accident scene and obtain witness information. It may also be a good idea to write down everything you remember about the accident in a journal.
- Seek immediate medical care. One of the biggest mistakes accident victims make is not seeking medical care soon enough. Even if you feel fairly fine, do not try to tough it out. Sometimes injuries do not present symptoms right away. If you delay medical care, your injuries could worsen and become more difficult to treat. Failing to get medical care right away could also hurt your personal injury case. The at-fault party’s insurance company could argue that you aren’t truly injured if you waited to get medical care.
- Do not accept the first settlement offer. It can be very tempting to accept the insurance company’s first settlement offer. However, you should never accept an offer before discussing it with your personal injury lawyer Gastonia, NC residents rely on. An experienced lawyer will know what your case is truly worth and will not let the insurance company take advantage of you. Insurance companies are notorious for offering as little compensation as they can to save a buck.
- Stay away from social media. These days, it can be difficult to stay off social media. However, if you are currently pursuing a personal injury case, it may be in your best interest to limit your time on social media. The other side may be browsing your social media pages to find information to use against you. For example, if you are claiming that you sustained a back injury in a car accident and post a photo of yourself hiking, the defendant’s insurance company may argue that you are not truly injured.
- Consider future damages. When filing a personal injury claim, many people just think about their current damages. However, it is also important to consider your future damages. For example, if your injuries have resulted in disability, you may need long-term medical care. An experienced lawyer can help you determine all of your damages.
- Hire an experienced lawyer. Personal injury claims can involve many complexities. That is why you should work with a personal injury lawyer Gatonia, NC residents trust. A lawyer knows the true value of your case and will help you go after the compensation you deserve.
Contact Our Gastonia, North Carolina Personal Injury Law Firm Today
If you are hurt or sustain serious injuries due to the fault or negligence of another individual or entity, immediately seek legal representation from an experienced lawyer at Ted A. Greve & Associates, P.A. Our quality legal services are available to you at no cost, unless we win your case. Call us at (844) 387-8677 if you wish to speak with an experienced and dedicated Gastonia personal injury lawyer.
Personal Injury Lawyer FAQs
Is a Minor or Non-Critical Personal Injury Worth Building a Case?
We don’t know the long term effects of what only may seem like a minor injury until we’re given professional medical counsel, which is why you should also consult with a Gastonia, NC personal injury lawyer about your legal options. Should you realize that your injuries have some sort of long term effect, you do not want the at-fault party to get away with few consequences. It’s important to not automatically assume certain injuries could just be minor or non-critical.
Do I Still Need a Lawyer if I Have Insurance?
Insurance companies unfortunately do not have the proper bandwidth or care to give your case the special, intentional attention that it may need. A main difference between a lawyer and insurance company is that a Gastonia personal injury lawyer is actively fighting for your rights day-to-day. Only working with your insurance company may compromise you receiving any deserved compensation. They may offer you the lowest settlement possible, which should just not be the case. This is why legal action is sometimes required when facing personal injury.
When Should I File My Personal Injury Case?
It’s important to file your personal injury case immediately once you’ve become medically stable. Taking action right after the accident will also emphasize the severe pain and emotions you are suffering. Filing soon after the accident allows your attorneys to also work with fresh evidence and eye witnesses. It only becomes harder to build a case as time continues to pass. It is in your best interest to avoid waiting to contact a lawyer, because you can consult with a lawyer about your case before hiring them, so there is no reason to stall.
Will My Claim Heavily Impact the At-Fault Party?
For some people, it’s hard to imagine filing a lawsuit toward someone else, because as a victim you understand that the at-fault party is also only human, and likely feels terrible about the accident already. What you should also understand is that your needs and rights should still be prioritized no matter what. Regardless of your relationship to the at-fault party, you want to maintain your case and receive the rightful compensation. In most cases, the at-fault party’s insurance will be able to cover the settlement, and they won’t need to pay out-of-pocket.
Is It Greedy to File a Personal Injury Case?
Unfortunately, people involved in personal injury cases may have to face the stigma that this is just a legal tactic to easily obtain money. This simply should not be the case. When you’ve faced physical and emotional hardship from an injury due to the negligence of someone else, you are entitled to proper compensation. A Gastonia personal injury lawyer will build a strong case on your behalf that will exemplify the severity of your personal injury and why the at-fault party should compensate you. Do not hesitate to contact Ted A. Greve & Associates today to have a lawyer review your case.