Charlotte Personal Injury Lawyer

Home » Charlotte » Charlotte Personal Injury Lawyer

How long do you have to file a personal injury claim in NC

If you’re considering filing a personal injury claim in North Carolina, it’s essential to understand the timeline involved. In these situations, it’s wise to consult with a Charlotte Personal Injury Lawyer like Ted A. Greve & Associates to ensure you’re on the right track.

In North Carolina, the time limit for filing a personal injury claim is a crucial factor to consider. You have a limited window of opportunity to take legal action. Generally, you must initiate your personal injury lawsuit within three years from the date of the accident or injury. This statute of limitations is imposed by the state, and if you miss this deadline, you may lose your chance to seek compensation for your injuries.

At Ted A. Greve & Associates, we’re here to guide you through the legal process and help you understand the time constraints associated with your case. It’s in your best interest to reach out to us as soon as possible if you believe you have a personal injury claim. The clock starts ticking from the moment the injury occurs, so taking prompt action is vital.

personal injury lawyer in Charlotte NC

What is the statute of limitations for personal injury in North Carolina

When it comes to personal injury cases in North Carolina, understanding the statute of limitations is absolutely crucial. At Ted A. Greve & Associates, we’re committed to providing you with the information you need to navigate this aspect of the legal system effectively. Let’s delve into the statute of limitations for personal injury cases in North Carolina and how our dedicated team of Charlotte Personal Injury Lawyers can assist you.

The Three-Year Deadline

In the state of North Carolina, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is essentially a legal time limit. It dictates the window of time within which you must file your lawsuit following an injury. This time limit serves several important purposes, including ensuring that evidence remains fresh, witnesses are available, and cases are resolved in a timely manner.

In North Carolina, the general rule is that you have three years from the date of the injury to file a personal injury lawsuit. This means that if you’ve been injured in an accident – whether it’s a car crash, slip and fall, or any incident resulting from someone else’s negligence – you have precisely three years to initiate legal action.

The Consequences of Missing the Deadline

It’s imperative to understand that failing to file your personal injury claim within this three-year period can have significant consequences. The court may dismiss your case, and you may lose your right to seek compensation for the injuries you’ve suffered. Therefore, it’s crucial to act promptly and consult with a Charlotte Personal Injury Lawyer from Ted A. Greve & Associates if you believe you have a valid personal injury claim.

We’re Here to Help

At Ted A. Greve & Associates, we fully comprehend that dealing with the aftermath of an accident and pursuing a personal injury claim can be an overwhelming and complex process. That’s why we’re here to assist you every step of the way. Our experienced team is well-equipped to evaluate your case, gather evidence, consult with experts, and build a strong legal strategy on your behalf.

However, it’s not just about adhering to the statute of limitations; it’s also about ensuring you receive the compensation you truly deserve for your injuries. Medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering – these are all aspects of your life that can be significantly impacted by an injury. Rest assured that at Ted A. Greve & Associates, our primary goal is to help you recover the maximum compensation possible to alleviate your financial burdens and provide a sense of justice.

Why Choose Ted A. Greve & Associates

It’s essential to remember that every personal injury case is unique, and the circumstances surrounding each accident vary. That’s why having an experienced attorney on your side can make all the difference. Our team has a deep understanding of North Carolina’s personal injury laws, and we have a proven track record of securing successful outcomes for our clients.

The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in North Carolina is generally three years. To ensure you meet this deadline and to receive the expert legal assistance you rightfully deserve, reach out to Ted A. Greve & Associates today. We’re here to fight for your rights, protect your interests, and help you pursue the compensation you need to move forward after an injury. Your well-being and justice are our top priorities.

Table of Contents

Common injuries in personal injury accidents

Personal injury accidents can happen suddenly and unexpectedly, leaving victims with a wide range of injuries, both physical and emotional. At Ted A. Greve & Associates, we understand the challenges that individuals and families face when dealing with these injuries. In this article, we’ll explore some common injuries that can occur in personal injury accidents and how our team of dedicated attorneys can provide the assistance you need.

  • Whiplash: Whiplash is a frequent injury in car accidents, particularly rear-end collisions. It occurs when the head is violently jerked forward and then backward, causing strain and damage to the neck’s soft tissues. Symptoms of whiplash can range from neck pain and stiffness to headaches and dizziness.
  • Broken Bones: Fractured or broken bones are another common consequence of personal injury accidents. Whether it’s a fall, a car crash, or a workplace accident, the force of impact can lead to broken bones. These injuries often require medical treatment, including surgery and rehabilitation.
  • Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs): TBIs are among the most severe and life-altering injuries that can result from accidents. They can occur in various situations, including car accidents, slip and falls, and sports injuries. TBIs can lead to a wide range of symptoms, from headaches and memory problems to cognitive impairments and personality changes.
  • Spinal Cord Injuries: Accidents can also cause spinal cord injuries, which can result in partial or complete paralysis. These injuries have a significant impact on a person’s quality of life, often requiring long-term medical care and rehabilitation.
  • Soft Tissue Injuries: Soft tissue injuries involve damage to muscles, ligaments, and tendons. They can be painful and lead to chronic conditions if not properly treated. Soft tissue injuries often occur in car accidents, slip and falls, and workplace incidents.
  • Burns: Burn injuries can happen in various settings, including car accidents, workplace accidents, and defective product incidents. They can be excruciatingly painful and may require extensive medical treatment, including skin grafts and surgeries.
  • Emotional Distress: In addition to physical injuries, personal injury accidents can also lead to emotional distress, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, and depression. These emotional injuries can have a profound impact on a person’s life and may require therapy or counseling.

Dealing with any of these injuries can be overwhelming, and the physical, emotional, and financial toll can be substantial. That’s where our team of experienced attorneys at Ted A. Greve & Associates can step in to help.

We know that every case is unique, and we tailor our approach to meet your specific needs. Whether you’re pursuing compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, or emotional distress, our dedicated team will work tirelessly to build a strong case on your behalf.

At Ted A. Greve & Associates, we offer an initial consultation to discuss your case and evaluate your options. We’ll provide you with the expert legal advice you need to make informed decisions about your future. Our commitment is to fight for your rights, protect your interests, and help you secure the compensation you deserve.

Personal Injury Infographic

Common Injuries In Personal Injury Accidents Infographic

What compensation is available for my injury

When you’ve suffered an injury due to someone else’s negligence, it’s natural to wonder about the compensation that may be available to you. At Ted A. Greve & Associates, we’re here to provide you with clarity on the types of compensation that can help you recover and move forward.

  1. Medical Expenses: One of the primary forms of compensation available for your injury is coverage for your medical expenses. This includes reimbursement for doctor’s visits, hospital stays, surgeries, medication, physical therapy, and any other healthcare costs related to your injury. These expenses can add up quickly, and compensation can help relieve the financial burden.
  2. Lost Wages and Income: Injuries often result in time away from work, which can lead to lost wages and income. Compensation can include reimbursement for the income you’ve missed out on due to your injury. This can also extend to future earning potential if your injury affects your ability to work in the long term.
  3. Pain and Suffering: Pain and suffering compensation is intended to address the physical and emotional distress you’ve experienced as a result of your injury. This type of compensation is less tangible but equally important. It acknowledges the pain, anxiety, and emotional toll that your injury has taken on your life.
  4. Property Damage: In cases involving accidents like car crashes, property damage compensation may apply. This covers the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle or other personal property that was damaged in the accident.
  5. Rehabilitation and Therapy: Depending on the severity of your injury, you may require ongoing rehabilitation, therapy, or specialized medical equipment. Compensation can help cover these costs, ensuring you receive the necessary treatment to recover as fully as possible.
  6. Loss of Consortium: In personal injury cases, the impact on your personal relationships can be significant. Loss of consortium compensation addresses the strain that your injury has placed on your relationships with your spouse or family members.
  7. Punitive Damages: In cases involving particularly reckless or malicious behavior, punitive damages may be awarded. These damages are intended to punish the responsible party and serve as a deterrent to prevent similar conduct in the future.


If you’ve suffered an injury and believe you deserve compensation, don’t hesitate to contact us for a consultation. We’ll assess your case, review the details of your injury, and provide expert legal advice tailored to your unique situation.

Our dedicated team will work diligently to build a strong case on your behalf, ensuring that you receive the full compensation you deserve. Whether it’s negotiating with insurance companies or representing you in court, our goal is to protect your interests and fight for your rights.

At Ted A. Greve & Associates, we understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll that injuries can take on your life. We’re committed to helping you navigate the legal process, seek justice, and secure the compensation you need to move forward and rebuild your life.


Frequently Asked Questions:

Can I get medical treatment after an accident if I don’t have health insurance?

Yes, you can still receive medical treatment after an accident, even if you don’t have health insurance. In fact, seeking prompt medical attention is crucial for your well-being and potential legal claim. Many healthcare providers understand that accidents happen, and they may be willing to treat you on a lien basis. This means they’ll provide treatment with the understanding that payment will come from any eventual settlement or judgment in your personal injury case. It’s essential to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney like Ted A. Greve & Associates to help you navigate this process and ensure you receive the necessary medical care.

What information should I bring to my consultation?

During your consultation with us, it’s helpful to bring any relevant information and documents related to your case. This may include:

  • Accident reports
  • Medical records and bills
  • Insurance information (yours and the other party’s)
  • Photographs or videos of the accident scene
  • Contact information for witnesses
  • Any correspondence with insurance companies
  • Any documentation of lost wages or income due to your injury

Bringing this information will allow us to evaluate your case thoroughly and provide you with the best possible legal guidance tailored to your situation.

What are pain and suffering claims, and am I entitled to compensation?

Pain and suffering claims are a type of compensation that seeks to address the physical and emotional distress you’ve experienced as a result of your injury. This can include pain, anxiety, depression, and a diminished quality of life. Whether you’re entitled to compensation for pain and suffering depends on the specifics of your case. In many personal injury cases, you may be eligible for pain and suffering damages in addition to compensation for medical expenses and other losses. Our team at Ted A. Greve & Associates will assess the details of your situation during your free consultation and help you determine the potential for such compensation.


Contact Ted A. Greve & Associates

Ted A. Greve & Associates is a personal injury law firm located in Charlotte, North Carolina. The firm’s attorneys are experienced in handling all types of personal injury cases, including those involving medical malpractice, car accidents, wrongful death, premises liability, and workers’ compensation. They understand the complexities of North Carolina’s personal injury laws and are dedicated to helping clients receive the maximum compensation

Ted A. Greve & Associates Charlotte Personal Injury Lawyer

1201 North Tryon Street, Charlotte, NC 28206

Contact Ted A. Greve & Associates for a Free Case Review Today!

Ted A. Greve & Associates works with victims of personal injury accidents in North Carolina. We represent clients throughout the compensation process – from filing an insurance claim to going before the judge in a personal injury lawsuit. Call today for a FREE consultation. Simply request any personal injury attorney free consultation. Furthermore, Doctor Ted works on a contingency basis. This means that you pay nothing until we settle your case. If you have a personal injury and need legal representation, please remember Ted A. Greve & Associates in Charlotte NC! Call us today for a FREE no-obligation consultation to discuss your options.

Our Charlotte Office is located on N Tryon St in Charlotte between W 15th St and Ashby St. Our office is located minutes away from The Fillmore Charlotte, Discovery Place Science, Levine Museum of the New South, the Spectrum Center and I277. We serve the Greater Charlotte Area including Concord, Gastonia, Rock Hill, Huntersville, Kannapolis, Pineville, Weddington, Indian Trail and Hickory.
Coming from Concord, NC: To get on I-85 S, head northwest on Union St S toward Barbrick Ave SW. After 0.2 mi turn right onto Cabarrus Ave E. In 440 ft turn left at the 1st cross street onto Church St NE, passing by O’Reilly Auto Parts on the left in 1.5 mi. Continue straight onto Church St N for 0.4 mi. Use any lane to turn slightly right onto Concord Pkwy N where you will pass by Starbucks on the right in 0.3 mi. After 0.8 mi continue onto S Cannon Blvd and turn left to merge onto I-85 S in 469 ft. Continue on I-85 S for 22.8 mi. Drive to W 11th St in Charlotte and take exit 3B from I-277 S/NC-16 S. Continue onto W 11th St and then turn left onto N Tryon St. Ted A Greve & Associates PA will be on the left.
Coming from Gastonia, NC: To get on I-85 N from W Long Ave head east on W Franklin Blvd toward S Chester St. In 472 ft turn left at the 2nd cross street onto S York St. Turn right onto W Long Ave and in 1.2 mi turn right onto W Long Ave.Stay on E Ozark Ave for 0.4 mi and then turn right onto the Interstate 85 N ramp to Charlotte. After you merge onto I85, travel for 16.8 mi and then take exit 36 for NC-16/Brookshire Blvd toward U.S. 74 E/Downtown. In 0.2 mi keep right at the fork, follow signs for NC-16 S/Charlotte and merge onto NC-16 S/Brookshire Blvd. Continue onto I-277 S/NC-16 S. and in 0.8 mi take exit 3B for Eleventh St/Church St/Tryon St. Continue onto W 11th St and in 453 ft turn left onto N Tryon where the office will be on the left hand side.
Coming from Indian Trail, NC: To get on US-74 W in Stallings from Gribble Rd and Stallings Rd head southwest on Indian Trail Rd/Indian Trail Road South toward Park Rd W for 0.2 mi. When you get to Stallings Rd turn right and then turn left onto Stallings Commerce Dr in 0.8 mi. Continue for 443 ft and then use the left lane to take the W 74/I-485 ramp to Charlotte/McKee Rd. After you merge onto US-74 W continue for 12.1 mi. Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 242 for I-277 Outer N/NC-16 N/Brookshire Frwy toward I-85. After 0.4 mi merge onto I-277 N/NC-16 N, then in 0.6 mi take exit 3B toward Church St/Downtown/Graham Street/U.S. 29/NC-49. Merge onto W 12th St and then turn left onto N Church St. Keep driving for 387 ft and then turn left at the 1st cross street onto W 11th St. After 453 ft turn left onto N Tryon St and you will find the office on the left hand side.