If you have suffered injuries as a result of someone’s careless or reckless actions in Aiken, SC, you can claim compensation from the responsible party. Proving the negligence of the other party in South Carolina is quite complicated and requires professional assistance to interpret the law and claim maximum benefits for your injuries. You need to hire the best Aiken personal injury lawyer to handle your claim and obtain maximum compensation for your injuries.
Ted A. Greve and Associates is your trusted partner in Aiken, SC to represent your personal injury lawsuit and obtain maximum compensation for your damages. Ted A. Greve and Associates has represented hundreds of injured clients in the past and won millions of dollars in compensation on behalf of these victims. We have the necessary expertise, technology, and skills to handle any type of personal injury case in Aiken, SC.
Our experienced personal injury lawyers will discuss your specific situation before going over the options available to you. We will negotiate with insurance companies and other parties involved in your case to ensure your needs are handled effectively and quickly.
Our team will put the client at ease right from the start. We understand your immediate needs after going through such trauma are to get your medical bills paid and recover lost wages because you cannot work with your injuries. That is why you need to rely on our expert team of personal injury lawyers to handle your accident case and obtain maximum compensation for your injuries. Call Ted A. Greve and Associates at (800) 693-7833 for a free case review and consultation today.
What Should I Do After an Injury?
If you are confused about what you need to do soon after an auto accident in Aiken, you have come to the right place. There are many important things that you need to do soon after an accident. Most of these things will help build a strong case on your behalf to obtain the maximum benefits for your injuries. Here are some of the most important steps you need to take soon after the accident:
- Seek medical help – Most victims may hesitate to seek medical assistance when they are not seriously injured. But it is important that you seek medical help even with minor injuries because the medical reports play an important part in proving that you were actually injured as a result of the accident.
- Report the Incident – If you are in a car crash, you should call 911 and inform them about the accident. Get a copy of the police report from the local police station when it is available with them. The police report helps your lawyer build a strong case and prove the negligence of the other party. You should notify your supervisor if you’re hurt at work.
- Exchange information and collect witness information – This is another important step that most victims don’t do after an accident. You need to exchange information such as license, insurance, address, name, and contact details with the other party involved in the accident. Collect the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of any witnesses to the scene. This information is important for your lawyer to build a strong case on your behalf.
- Take photos or video the scene – If you are in a position to take photos or video the scene, you should go ahead and do so. Photos and videos will help your lawyer determine who was at fault and file your case accordingly.
- Call a personal injury lawyer – The most important thing is to never admit fault for the accident until you hire a professional personal injury lawyer to handle your case. Even if the insurance companies pressurize you to do so, don’t do it until you speak with a qualified lawyer. Hire the best lawyer in Aiken SC to handle your case.
Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
You need a qualified and experienced personal injury lawyer in Aiken to prove the negligence of the other party and obtain maximum compensation for your injuries. A lawyer at Ted A. Greve and Associates can help you:
- Prepare and file a strong case by interviewing witnesses and getting experts to testify on your behalf
- Our lawyers have experience in negotiating with insurance companies to get you the rightful compensation that you deserve.
- If the insurance company denies your rightful claim, our team of lawyers will take your case to trial and obtain the maximum benefits on your behalf.
What Type of Damages Can I Recover?
There are economic and non-economic damages to recover through a South Carolina personal injury claim. The damages you can recover are usually decided on a case-by-case basis. Your personal injury lawyer is the best person to advise you on what type of damages you could recover for your specific case.
- Economic Damages – Some damages are easy to put a value on such as medical bills and lost wages. These are known as economic damages.
- Non-Economic Damages – Some damages are more difficult to put a value on such as pain and suffering. These damages are known as non-economic damages.
- Punitive Damages – SC law allows the injured person to recover punitive damages if the at-fault party behaved recklessly. The defendant will be punished monetarily for his/her recklessness. Punitive damages are meant to deter others from behaving recklessly and causing injuries and property damage.
How is Liability Determined?
South Carolina follows a comparative negligence standard where all parties involved in the accident could claim compensation depending on their involvement in the accident. There are certain elements that the plaintiff needs to prove in order to obtain compensation from the defendant. The plaintiff should prove four elements to establish the negligence of the at-fault party.
- Duty of Care – The first element to prove is that the at-fault party owed a duty of care to the plaintiff. For example, a driver of a vehicle owes a duty of care to other drivers on the road to drive responsibly and safely.
- Breach of Duty – Once you establish the duty of care of the defendant, you should prove that the defendant breached his/her duty of care by acting recklessly.
- Causation – The breach of duty should be the actual cause of injuries to the plaintiff. If you cannot prove that the breach of duty caused the accident, your case will be unsuccessful.
- Damages – The fourth element is to prove that you suffered damages are a result of the accident.
You need to work with a reputable and experienced personal injury lawyer at Ted A. Greve and Associates to prove your case and obtain maximum compensation for your injuries.
How Much Time Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim in South Carolina?
The statute of limitations in South Carolina gives the victim three years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit in the state’s civil court system. If you don’t file your personal injury lawsuit before this period, the state’s court system may likely refuse to hear your case at all.
Personal Injury Claims Process
You should understand your rights during the personal injury claim process to obtain maximum compensation for your injuries. The claim process involves determining all the liable parties. Your lawyer will analyze insurance policies to understand the scope of your potential compensation. They will gather and organize evidence to support your claim. If the insurance company denies your rightful claim, the lawyer will take your case to trial to get you the maximum possible compensation you rightly deserve.
How Much Will an Aiken Personal Injury Lawyer Cost?
The personal injury lawyers at Ted A. Greve and Associates won’t charge you anything upfront. Our team works on a contingency fee basis where you pay our charges only after we win your case. No-win-no-fee. Our lawyers will charge a percentage of the award the courts gave you.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Our team represents clients who have been injured in auto accidents, workplace accidents, medical malpractice, and more. Here are some of the personal injury cases that we currently handle:
- Auto accidents – truck accidents, car accidents, drunken drivers, uninsured or underinsured drivers, and distracted driver accidents
- Workplace accidents – We handle workers’ compensation lawsuits in SC
- Medical malpractice cases – Our lawyers might be able to help you identify if the mishandling of your care was isolated or part of a pattern
Get in Touch With Our Aiken Personal Injury Lawyers
If you or someone in your family is injured in an accident in Aiken, SC due to another person’s fault, you are entitled to claim compensation from the responsible party. You need to hire the best personal injury lawyer in Aiken SC to handle your case and help you obtain the maximum amount of compensation for your injuries. Call Ted A. Greve and Associates at (800) 693-7833 for a free consultation.