Asheville, NC (November 23, 2023) – A pedestrian accident reported in the Asheville area on Tuesday morning claimed one person’s life. The accident occurred just before 5:00 a.m. on November 21.
According to official reports from the Asheville Police Department, a pedestrian, identified as Ronald William Jenkins, was walking in the area of Interstate 240 West and the interchange for Haywood Road when he was struck by a vehicle.
Jenkins was severely hurt as a result of the motor vehicle crash. Authorities arrived at the scene and pronounced him deceased from his injuries. At this time, the incident is being investigated.
We offer our sympathies to the family of Ronald William Jenkins.
Fatal Pedestrian Crashes in North Carolina
Fatal pedestrian crashes are reported daily in our states. These accidents take the lives of countless people annually. Far too often, victims die as a result of accidents that are extremely preventable. Leading factors in fatal crashes across our state include:
- Speeding: Traveling above the posted speed limit increases the risks of deadly accidents taking place.
- Running red lights or stop signs: Not stopping at intersections can result in deadly crashes.
- Reckless driving: Drivers who are tailgating or weaving between traffic lanes increase the risk of causing vehicle collisions.
- Drunk driving: Driving while under the influence of alcohol can severely impact a person’s ability to operate their vehicle responsibly.
- Distracted driving: Not watching the road ahead can result in severe accidents. We often see crashes caused by drivers who are browsing the internet, texting, or eating.
If your loved one has died as a result of a fatal crash caused by the careless and reckless actions of another driver, your family has the ability to file a wrongful death lawsuit against them. A wrongful death lawsuit can provide you with the financial relief that your family needs during this difficult time.
To ensure you have the best chance of protecting your rights in getting justice, it is vital that you work with a seasoned wrongful death lawyer who can fight diligently to hold the negligent party accountable for their actions. Your attorney will advocate on your behalf every step of the way to ensure your best interests are reflected in the legal process.
At Ted Greve & Associates, we understand the emotional and financial impact that a wrongful death can have on families. That’s why our dedicated team of attorneys is committed to providing effective and compassionate legal representation to help families get the full and fair compensation they deserve. We believe that not only should justice be served for our clients, but also that they should feel supported in moving forward with their lives. If you have lost a loved one in a car accident caused by another motorist’s negligent actions, reach out to our dedicated legal team by calling (800) 693-7833 for a free case evaluation today. Let our fearless legal advocates fight for your rights while you focus on healing and finding closure during this difficult time.