Expectant parents get very excited the closer they are to their due date. They wait 9 months to meet their little one. The last thing they worry about is the doctor doing something wrong during the delivery. They just can’t wait to make sure their baby has 10 fingers and 10 toes.
Sadly, not all deliveries go smoothly. Too many people experience problems during delivery. If these issues aren’t handled properly, your baby can suffer life-threatening injuries. These injuries are usually the kind that will affect your child their entire lives.
If your child suffers a birth injury, you need to call an experienced Charlotte personal injury lawyer. They can help you determine who is responsible for your child’s injuries. They can also fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
Your Charlotte personal injury lawyer will fight to get you the compensation you deserve. They’ll help you file claims against the relevant insurance companies. It’s their job to get you and your child justice. They won’t stop until they do this.
What Kinds of Injuries Can Your Baby Suffer?
There are several injuries your baby can suffer during birth. Some of these include:
- Erb’s Palsy
- Cerebral Palsy
- Infant Brain Damage
- Spinal Cord Injuries
If your child suffers any of these injuries, your lawyer will demand compensation.
Pursue All Parties Responsible for Your Child’s Injuries
It’s important that you name all potential parties in your initial claim. You may not be able to do this later on. Your Charlotte injury lawyer will help you do this.
You should file a claim against the following:
- Doctors and nurse practitioners
- Any other medical personnel involved in your delivery
Your injury attorney in Charlotte will make sure all of these parties are pursued. They’ll also help you file claims against all of their insurance policies.
What Should You Do if Your Baby is Injured?
If you baby is injured during delivery, you’ll be dealing with a lifetime of medical expenses. Your child may need special treatment during their lives. You want to keep records of all of this.
Keep a copy of all correspondence received from the hospital, doctors, specialists, and insurance companies. You’ll also want to document any expenses caused by your child’s injuries. This may include:
- Medical bills not covered by insurance
- Co-pays and prescription costs
- Travel and lodging costs if you have to travel out of town with your baby for doctor’s appointments
- Lost wages for time you’ve had to take off to tend to your child’s injuries and appointments
- Any special medical equipment you’ve had to purchase or rent for your baby
- Money you’ve spent on special programs and treatments for your baby
What Kinds of Damages Will Your Personal Injury Lawyer Demand?
Your Charlotte personal injury lawyer will make sure they demand that you be compensated for your losses. With child injuries, there are unique damages. Your attorney will make sure your claim includes these unique damages.
Your injury claim will demand the following types of damages:
- Medical Bills –You need to demand compensation for all current medical expenses. You’ll also need to demand compensation for any future medical care your child may need. These costs may be quite high.
- Lost Future Earnings – One or both parents may not be able to work because they have to stay at home and take care of their child. This needs to be mentioned in your claim. You can also demand lost future earnings for your child. Even at minimum wage, this will be a significant amount of money.
- Pain and Suffering – You can demand pain and suffering on behalf of your child. You can also demand that you be compensated for the emotional and mental anguish caused by the injuries to your baby.
Your Charlotte injury lawyer will talk to you about what kind of losses you’ve suffered. They’ll make sure they demand all of these things in your personal injury lawsuit.
Contact an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney in Charlotte
If your baby has been harmed during childbirth, you need the help of an experienced injury lawyer. You need to call and speak with an experienced injury lawyer in Charlotte, North Carolina. They’ll review your case and let you know how much it may be worth.
Call today and schedule your initial consultation with a skilled personal injury lawyer at Ted A Greve & Associates. The consultation is absolutely free and you pay nothing until you settle your case.