When hurt because of a medical malpractice case, you should not have to foot the bill for your treatment on your own. There are a couple of options you have as a victim, including seeking a medical malpractice settlement. Georgia Medical Malpractice Settlements are the safety factor in place for those that suffer as the result of medical malpractice negligence. These damages can help pay for your medical costs as well as the physical and emotional pain you endured from the medical accident.
Damages for an Augusta, Georgia medical malpractice settlement fall under general, special, and punitive damages. Your medical malpractice attorney in Augusta, Georgia can help you understand the damages you qualify for and get you the maximum compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Seeking Damages for a Medical Malpractice Settlement in Augusta, Georgia
The damages awarded in a medical malpractice settlement in Augusta, Georgia include:
- Medical expenses: Coverage of your medical expenses and bills fall under your Augusta, Georgia medical malpractice settlement award. The cost of any treatment you received to relieve your injuries needs to be paid by the defendant in your medical malpractice case.
- Lost wages: When you miss work because of your injuries from a medical malpractice case, these losses are recoupable as part of your medical malpractice settlement award in Augusta, Georgia. Your attorney can determine the amount of wages you have lost out on due to your absence from work for your recovery.
- Future earnings: You also qualify for compensation for any future earnings you will lose out on due to your injuries. If disabled due to the medical malpractice case or your injuries are limiting in their capabilities, you may not have the ability to work. These lost wages can be part of your Augusta, Georgia malpractice settlement award and your lawyer will determine the amount to seek in your medical malpractice lawsuit.
- Loss of enjoyment: When you lose the ability to partake in activities that you once enjoyed doing, you have a right to compensation under the law. This may include your favorite hobbies or events that you attended with friends and family. Your Augusta, Georgia medical malpractice attorney can identify if you are experiencing a loss of enjoyment because of the injuries you sustained due to a medical malpractice case.
- Pain and suffering: Often times, the injuries you received because of a medical malpractice accident can be physically and emotionally painful to endure. You may be experiencing mental anguish at the thought of the accident and your medical malpractice attorney in Augusta, GA, can help you get pain and suffering damages as part of your suit.
- Punitive damages: When punitive damages are requested in an Augusta medical malpractice settlement, they provide an additional financial burden on the defendant. This is used to punish them even further and help provide you with additional compensation for your medical malpractice case. Punitive damages are designed to act as a deterrent to prevent others from engaging in the same dangerous behavior. Your Georgia medical malpractice attorney will work with you to determine if punitive damages are necessary for your injuries. There is no cap on punitive damages in Augusta, Georgia.
When Should I Request a Medical Malpractice Settlement in Augusta, Georgia?
Filing your medical malpractice lawsuit needs to happen as soon as possible. There is a statute of limitations in place that dictates that all medical malpractice injury claims are filed within two years from the date of the accident that caused your injuries. It is important that you stick to these deadlines as failure to do so could result in your case being dismissed.
Speaking with a medical malpractice attorney in Augusta, Georgia can ensure you file your medical malpractice suit within the deadline. Discussing your medical malpractice case as soon as possible with your lawyer will provide you with the right direction to take in your case. You will understand your legal rights and receive advisement of the laws according to medical malpractice suits.
Should you choose to avoid going to court, seeking a medical malpractice settlement from the doctor, nurse, or hospital involved in your accident may be in your best interests. By attempting to seek a settlement agreement ahead of time, if the negotiations are not working in your favor, you can decide whether filing a lawsuit is the right decision for you before the two-year deadline has passed.
Allow your Augusta, Georgia medical malpractice lawyer to work on your behalf to obtain a settlement award for your injuries. They will negotiate with insurance companies and fight to get you the maximum medical malpractice settlement award in Augusta, Georgia.
Consult with a Georgia Attorney About Your Medical Malpractice Settlement
When hurt because of a medical malpractice case, you deserve compensation for your injuries. An Augusta, Georgia medical malpractice settlements attorney can help you get the settlement you deserve. The attorneys at Ted A. Greve & Associates will fight for your legal rights and get you the maximum settlement award for your injuries. Reach out to us today for a consultation. Call 844-387-8677