Car accidents are caused by all sorts of things. People get distracted or drive too fast. A driver doesn’t slow down in time to stop at a red light. We don’t realize just how many accidents are caused by mechanical failure.
A driver could be doing everything he’s supposed to. All of a sudden, his brakes fail and he can’t stop. Or, his steering column locks up and he can’t move out of the way of oncoming traffic.
As unfair as it may seem, the driver may still be held responsible for any injuries he causes. The good news is, you can also file your claim against the people responsible for the mechanical failure.
There are different scenarios in which a car could suffer a mechanical failure. You could have a new car that was designed with a defect. Or, your car could’ve been manufactured improperly. In other cases, you may have had your car serviced. The mechanic could have done something wrong when he worked on your car.
Your auto accident lawyer in Atlanta can help you file a claim against all the parties responsible for your accident. He can help you get compensation for your injuries.
How Can Your Auto Accident Lawyer in Atlanta Prove Mechanical Failure?
Proving fault in a car accident is never easy. Since very few accidents are ever caught on film, there’s never a way to know exactly how something happened.
Your auto accident lawyer in Atlanta can rely on eye witnesses who saw the accident. He can also rely on statements made by you and the other driver. He can also hire accident recreation specialists. But, most of his information is going to come from your police report.
The police report is going to provide information your lawyer may not be able to get any other way. Some of this information includes:
- Name, license and insurance information for both drivers
- Name and contact information for witnesses
- Statements made by both drivers
- Witness statements
- Pictures of the scene, road conditions and the vehicles
- Whether either driver was under the influence of alcohol or drugs at the time of the accident
- Information regarding any citations issued as a result of the accident
Hopefully, some of this information will help prove that the other driver was at fault. However, if your accident was caused by mechanical failure, you may have a surprising source of help. The defendant will more than likely bring the person responsible for the failure into the case. He can implead them as a defendant.
Your Auto Accident Lawyer in Atlanta Understands How to Join a Party
The defendant doesn’t want to be financially responsible for your injuries. Neither does his insurance company. They are going to be just as eager to hold the person responsible accountable.
Some of the parties who may be responsible for the accident include:
- Car dealership
- Parts manufacturer
Depending on the type of accident, any number of these parties could be responsible. Your attorney will likely name them in your lawsuit. If he doesn’t, there is a chance that the defendant will join them.
If there is a mechanical failure, the company responsible for that failure will be held liable for your injuries.
What Kinds of Mechanical Failure Cause Accidents in Georgia?
There are all kinds of mechanical failures when it comes to car accidents. Some of them are so minor that they’re barely noticeable. Other’s may cause issues with the radio or GPS but not affect how the car performs.
However, there are a few types of mechanical failures that are known to cause accidents:
- Tired – If your tire blow outs because there was something wrong with it, you could surely get into a dangerous accident.
- Brakes – If your brakes don’t work properly, you could find yourself in a number of different types of accidents.
- Air bag – If your airbag deploys when it’s not supposed to, it could cause you to lose control of your car.
- Wipers – If your windshield wipers don’t work, you could get into an accident in inclement weather.
- Steering – If your steering column locks up, there’s not a whole lot you can do. You may end up driving head-on into oncoming traffic.
Call an Auto Accident Lawyer in Atlanta Today
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, you need to contact an auto accident lawyer in Atlanta. Even if you don’t feel the other driver should be held responsible, you still need to pursue your claim.
You can call and schedule your free initial consultation today. There are experienced car accident attorneys ready to help.