Charlotte Workers’ Compensation Lawyer 

Home » Charlotte Workers’ Compensation Lawyer 

Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Charlotte, NC

Workers' Compensation Lawyer Charlotte, NC - Injured Man Filling Insurance Claim FormAre you a worker who has been injured or become ill due to their work and are in need of help from a Charlotte, NC workers’ compensation lawyer to represent your case? If so, you may be entitled to compensation for your injury or illness. However, filing a workers’ compensation claim can be complicated and difficult to navigate on your own. To ensure that you receive the benefits you deserve, it is important to have a lawyer to help you understand the process and represent your interests. Learn how a lawyer can help you with your claim, and then contact an experienced lawyer today at Ted A Greve & Associates for help.

Workers’ Compensation

Workers’ compensation is a system of insurance that provides compensation to employees who are injured or become ill due to their job. This system is designed to protect employers from legal action, while providing employees with medical care, income, and other benefits for work-related injuries and illnesses. In the United States, workers’ compensation laws vary by state, but most require employers to have coverage in place and provide benefits to eligible workers. Generally, workers’ compensation covers medical bills, lost wages, rehabilitation, and other related costs. It also provides death benefits to the surviving family members of workers who die on the job. It also includes provisions for vocational rehabilitation services, which help workers return to work after an injury or illness, as well as disability payments for workers who are unable to work. In addition, some states offer special programs and benefits for disabled workers. 

Qualifying For Benefits

The most important eligibility requirement is that the injury or illness must have been sustained while performing work-related duties. This means that the incident occurred at the workplace, during a business-related trip, or during any other activity related to your employment. Additionally, you must prove that the injury or illness was caused by negligence on the part of your employer or another party. For example, if you were injured due to a defective piece of equipment, you may have a valid claim. A Charlotte workers’ compensation lawyer from Ted A Greve & Associates can help prove your claim.

The Claims Process

Your Charlotte, NC workers’ compensation lawyer from Ted A Greve & Associates can explain to you that the first step is to report the injury to your employer within 30 days of the incident. Your employer will then file a report with the North Carolina Industrial Commission. This is the agency that administers and oversees workers’ compensation claims in North Carolina. Your employer will also provide you with a Notice of Eligibility form, which outlines the eligibility requirements for workers’ compensation.

Once you receive this form, you should fill it out and return it to your employer as soon as possible. If your claim is accepted, you will then be eligible to receive medical treatment and wage replacement payments while you are recovering.

When filing a workers’ compensation claim, it’s essential to provide all the required information accurately and on time. This can include medical records, documents from your employer, and other necessary documents. Once all of the necessary paperwork has been submitted, the Industrial Commission will review your claim and make a decision as to whether or not you are eligible for benefits. If they decide that you are eligible, they will send you an award letter that outlines the details of your benefit payments. If they decide that you are not eligible, they will send you a denial letter outlining the reasons why your claim was denied. 

Should you file a workers’ compensation claim or a personal injury suit? 

Workplace injuries can seem fairly typical. You may have been performing a work task when you suddenly slip and become injured or fall off a ladder. It may seem like some scenarios are pretty simple when it comes to determining whether you should file a claim for workers’ compensation. However, what if your accident seems more complicated than this? Perhaps you think that filing a personal injury suit would make more sense but if you have medical bills that are beginning to pile up you may just want to get a workers’ compensation claim over with. When you are on the fence about filing a workers’ compensation claim or a personal injury suit, it is best to speak with your lawyer. You want to know that you are making the best choice for your specific situation. 

What are the differences between workers’ compensation and filing a personal injury claim?

Workers’ compensation is a great way of getting compensation back when you need to take time off of work to heal and when you have medical bills you need to pay. Many workers’ compensation claims are easy to file and it does not take long to get an answer back regarding your claim. In more complicated issues or if your employer is denying that a workplace accident caused your injuries, working with a lawyer could be a huge benefit. 

When you get workers’ compensation benefits paid out, don’t expect any kind of large settlement. Instead, you will be facing monetary caps and you will likely have a certain time frame in which the compensation can be paid out. If you go through with a workers’ compensation claim, you are giving up your right to later sue your employer, even if your injuries turn out to be worse than they seem. 

If you believe that you are dealing with trauma or pain and suffering following a workplace accident, that the actions leading up to your accident were especially egregious, or that your medical needs will be so serious that you require more compensation than workers’ comp benefits allow, you should speak with your lawyer about whether workers’ compensation is the route right to go through at all. Instead, you may be better off filing a personal injury claim so that you can get compensation that more closely aligns with your needs. 

Further, if your injuries were sustained as a result of a third party causing an accident, you should speak with your lawyer about whether workers’ compensation will apply here. 

Working With a Lawyer Who Can Help You Decide

Determining whether workers’ compensation or a personal injury claim is best for your situation will depend on the unique circumstances surrounding the accident that caused you to become injured. When you need help with a complex workplace injury, do not settle for filing a workers’ compensation claim on your own. Instead, reach out to our team to see how we can help you with your legal matters moving forward. 

Reach Out To Our Team Now

By having an experienced lawyer on your side, you can rest assured that all paperwork is filed correctly and your case is handled properly so that you get the maximum amount of benefits available; contact a Charlotte workers’ compensation lawyer at Ted A Greve & Associates for help.

Report Your Injury Right Away

As a Charlotte, NC workers’ compensation lawyer would offer, the first thing you must do after a workplace injury is to notify your supervisor or manager on duty at the time. Do not wait for time to go by before you bring the accident to their attention. If you delay, it could impact your compensation eligibility and could potentially cause another incident to unfold, particularly if what caused your injury was defective machinery or a dangerous area. Another person could get injured between the time you got hurt and by the time your employer is notified. If you were hurt because of the workplace, call us at Ted A. Greve & Associates

Ask To See A Doctor For Treatment

After telling your employer about the accident, and the injuries you sustained, ask to see a doctor. If your employer has a workers’ compensation benefits program, then they should have you complete paperwork and visit a doctor the very same day. If your injuries could be treated with a standard first aid kit, then seeing a doctor may not be necessary. But in some cases you may still want to see a doctor, since there could be more injury than what you are aware of at the time.

Consider Visiting Another Doctor

Depending on what the rules are, you may be permitted to visit your own physician about the accident injury. In many states, workers have to first see a doctor that is chosen by their insurance company. But when you are treated by such a doctor, there is a risk of conflict of interest, in which the doctor prioritizes employer cost and not what is best for your health. These doctors receive their payment primarily by insurance companies who may or may not have your best interest in mind. It may be worth asking to visit a doctor you already know, or just get a second opinion, to make sure there is no conflict of interest happening. 

Understand Your Benefits And Rights

Injured workers must be informed about their right to use workers’ compensation benefits. Each state has its own set rules for amounts and eligibility, but typically the benefits that are available include medical treatment, mileage, temporary disability benefits, permanent disability benefits, and vocational rehabilitation. Insurance companies are for profit entities, so you should not rely on your employer or an insurance adjuster to fully explain your rights and the benefits offered to you. A Charlotte workers’ compensation lawyer has your best of interest in mind. 

Help For Injured Workers

Our team has witnessed the way that employers and insurance companies do not fairly treat injured workers. As someone who was hurt while at work, you deserve fair repayment for your medical costs and other expenses related to recovery. If you aren’t sure if you need a lawyer’s help, consider the fact that we know the law and what your rights are, and can use that to ensure you are properly taken care of. If you need assistance, a Charlotte workers’ compensation lawyer from Ted A. Greve & Associates is ready to come to your aid. We are ready to speak with you.