Walker Co., GA (November 6, 2023) – The Georgia State Patrol confirmed that a motorcyclist lost his life as a result of a fatal collision reported in Walker County.
At around 2:00 p.m. on November 4, troopers were notified that they were needed at the scene of a crash at 1325 Wilson Road.
According to official reports, 55-year-old David Dewayne Ingle was driving a red Chevrolet S-10 pickup truck north along Wilson Road. At the same time, a silver Honda motorcycle was traveling on the roadway in the same direction.
As the vehicles proceeded through the 1300 block of the roadway, they collided.
The motorcyclist, identified as 47-year-old Calvin Monroe Brown of Chattanooga, Tennessee, suffered severe injuries. He was transported to CHI GA Memorial Hospital in Fort Oglethorpe, where he passed away from his injuries.
At this time, investigations into the crash are underway.
We offer our sympathies to the family of Calvin Monroe Brown.
Fatal Motorcycle Accidents in Georgia
Fatal accidents are reported every day in our state. Although these accidents take place frequently, it is nearly impossible to prepare for the sudden and unexpected impact that they will have on your family. The unfortunate truth is that we see a significant number of fatal collisions take place as a result of driver negligence. Some of the leading factors in these accidents include:
- Distracted driving: Drivers who do not pay attention to the road ahead can cause devastating accidents that ultimately take the lives of innocent people. Unfortunately, there are many accidents caused by drivers who are eating, talking with passengers, or texting on their cell phones.
- Speeding: Traveling too fast increases the risk of a driver losing control of their vehicle. Speeding, especially around curved roadways, can result in drivers drifting into other nearby lanes and crashing into other vehicles.
- Tailgating: Traveling too closely to other vehicles on the road is incredibly dangerous. When tailgating or following too closely, drivers do not have the ability to stop in time to avoid collisions. As a result, we see many innocent people lose their lives as a result of drivers who engage in this reckless action.
If you have lost a loved one due to the negligence of another motorist, your family should seek legal representation from a dedicated wrongful death lawyer right away. Your family may have the ability to seek compensation for some of the losses and damages you face. This can include compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of companionship or consortium
- Funeral and burial costs
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages and future earnings
Seeking legal representation as soon as possible will provide your family with the best chance of getting the maximum possible compensation for these and other damages.
At Ted Greve & Associates, we understand the pain and suffering you may be going through during this time. That’s why our compassionate team is dedicated to helping families like yours seek justice and hold those responsible accountable for their actions. With decades of experience, free consultations, and around-the-clock support, we are here to guide you through every stage of your case with care and understanding. Though no amount of financial compensation can ever bring back your loved one, it can help provide a sense of closure and stability for you and your family in such trying times. Get started on your case by reaching out to us at (800) 693-7833 for a free case evaluation today.