Habersham Co., GA (December 8, 2023) – Emergency officials were called to the scene of an automobile accident that took place in Habersham County. The accident occurred at around 1:07 a.m. on December 7.
According to official reports provided by the Habersham County Sheriff’s office, a car was traveling east on Duncan Bridge Road when it became involved in the collision near Gainesville Highway. The force of the collision caused the vehicle to strike a curb and go down a steep embankment, resulting in severe damage. Authorities arrived at the scene and located the vehicle down off the side of the roadway, in the area near the railroad tracks.
Two people were severely hurt as a result of the crash. Emergency medical services responded to the scene to care for the victims. However, both victims passed away while at the scene. Authorities confirmed that a small dog also passed away from the crash. At this time, the incident is being investigated.
We offer our sympathies to the families of the two people killed in this crash.
Fatal Car Accidents in Georgia
Auto wrecks can be incredibly devastating to deal with. Unfortunately, fatal accidents take the lives of countless people across Georgia every single year. Far too often, these accidents leave families to deal with overwhelming consequences. In Georgia, families have the ability to pursue wrongful death claims against those responsible. These claims can provide financial relief for various damages. These include:
- Funeral and Burial Expenses: You have a right to request reasonable costs associated with laying your loved one to rest.
- Medical and Hospital Expenses: You are entitled to compensation for medical bills incurred during the deceased’s final illness or injury.
- Lost Income: You can recover the monetary value of your loved one’s lost wages and expected future earnings.
- Property Damage: You are able to recover compensation for any damage to your loved one’s property caused by the fatal incident.
- Household Services: You can recover compensation for the value of the deceased’s contributions to household chores and maintenance.
After losing a loved one suddenly and unexpectedly due to a fatal collision, it is in your best interest to hire a wrongful death lawyer right away. Getting started on protecting your rights will ensure that you have the best chance of holding the negligent party accountable and maximizing your recovery.
Our Georgia personal injury lawyers at Ted Greve & Associates know all too well the devastation that comes with a fatal accident. For this reason, our team is fully committed to helping each of our clients recover the maximum possible compensation for their legal claims. After experiencing the loss of a loved one, you can depend on us to investigate and aggressively negotiate compensation for you. We will fight to help your family get justice and fight to ensure that the person who caused the death of your loved one is held accountable. To get started, contact our Georgia wrongful death lawyers at (800) 693-7833 to schedule a free consultation.