Jones Co., GA (December 8, 2023) – Deputy Jones County Coroner Stacy Gardner confirmed that two people lost their lives as a result of a fatal car crash that took place in Jones County during the evening hours on Tuesday.
At around 5:55 p.m. on December 5, emergency officials were called to the scene of an automobile accident on Gray Highway. According to reports, a collision between vehicles took place on the roadway near the Dollar General store. Authorities responded to the scene and blocked the roadway near Homer Roberts Road and Graham Road as they provided assistance.
Further investigations determined that a blue Kia Rio was struck by a log truck in the area during the evening hours. The Kia suffered severe damage due to the accident. Two people in the Kia, identified as 75-year-old Hazel Wallace and 59-year-old Rhonda Ramirez, were both fatally injured. The two victims were pronounced deceased by authorities. No other injuries were reported. At this time, the incident is being investigated.
We offer our condolences to the families of Hazel Wallace and Rhonda Ramirez.
Fatal Auto Accidents in Georgia
Each year, fatal collisions across Georgia take the lives of countless people. Far too often, these accidents are preventable and caused by negligence. After experiencing the sudden and unexpected loss of a loved one due to a fatal car crash, you have the ability to seek compensation for some of the damages you face. This can include:
- Loss of Companionship: You can recover compensation for the emotional pain and suffering caused by the loss of your loved one’s company, care, and guidance.
- Loss of Consortium: Spouses may seek financial compensation for the loss of companionship, love, and intimacy.
- Grief and Mental Anguish: You can recover compensation for the emotional distress and mental anguish caused by the wrongful death.
- Loss of Future Benefits: You have the ability to recover the value of pensions, medical benefits, and other employment benefits your loved one would have received.
- Forgone Inheritance: You have a right to recover the financial inheritance you would have received from the deceased.
Seeking representation from a dedicated wrongful death lawyer in Georgia can provide you with the best chance of getting justice. Your team of legal advocates will be able to fight for fair compensation to ensure you have the financial resources that you need during this difficult time.
At Ted Greve & Associates, we understand how devastating it can be to lose a loved one due to someone else’s negligence. Our team of experienced and compassionate attorneys is dedicated to providing support and seeking justice for families who have lost a family member. We are fully committed to providing fearless and aggressive legal representation to ensure your family is able to get justice and that your rights are protected at every step of the process. If you or your family has suffered from such a tragedy, please contact our office for a free consultation with our Georgia wrongful death lawyer at (800) 693-7833. Let us help you during this difficult time and fight for the compensation and closure that your family deserves.