Hartsville, SC (October 30, 2023) – The South Carolina Highway Patrol troopers are investigating a fatal crash that was reported on Saturday evening, October 28.
At around 7:30 p.m., Highway Patrol troopers were notified that they were needed at the scene of a crash on US Highway 15.
Preliminary crash investigations show that a 2011 Honda motorcycle and a 2017 Nissan sedan collided on the roadway near Calvary Road. The two vehicles were traveling in opposite directions at the time of the collision.
The impact of the crash left the two vehicles with moderate damage.
The driver of the Nissan was injured in the accident and transported to a local hospital.
The motorcyclist, 51-year-old Trillise Bradshaw of McBee, South Carolina, was fatally injured. They were pronounced deceased at the scene by Darlington County Coroner JT Hardee.
At this time, investigations into the crash are underway by the South Carolina Highway Patrol.
We offer our condolences to the family of Trillise Bradshaw at this time.
Fatal Motorcycle Accidents in South Carolina
Fatal automobile accidents occur far too often in South Carolina. In many cases, victims are using motorcycles at the time of their accidents. These vehicles leave victims more vulnerable to suffering severe injuries due to the fact that they are not protected. Unfortunately, many people are killed in accidents due to negligent drivers.
There are several factors that are commonly identified in fatal collisions across South Carolina. Some of the leading causes include:
- Fatigue: When drivers are too tired behind the wheel, they are likely to lack the ability to maintain control over their vehicles.
- Poor road conditions: Inadequate road conditions can lead to devastating collisions. We often see accidents take place as a result of roads that are broken, covered with debris, or have large objects.
- Inexperienced drivers: When drivers have very little experience behind the wheel, they can cause accidents as a result of not knowing how to react in various situations.
- Mechanical failures: Brake failures, jams in accelerators, and other mechanical failures can lead to devastating accidents.
- Aggressive driving: When drivers do not operate their vehicle in a safe manner, and can have devastating consequences for others sharing the road. Unfortunately, we see many accidents take place as a result of drivers who are tailgating, whipping between lanes, and engaging in reckless behaviors.
If you have lost a loved one due to a fatal car crash that was caused by the negligent actions of another motorist, your family has legal options available to help you get justice. Seeking assistance from a wrongful death lawyer in Hartsville can provide you with the financial relief that you need to move forward during this difficult time.
Your attorney will be able to help you get the money necessary for funeral costs, burial fees, lost earning capacity, and more. You must act quickly to protect your legal rights.
Our compassionate South Carolina wrongful death lawyers at Ted Greve & Associates have decades of experience helping bereaved families protect their rights and get justice. Our team will help guide you through the process and fight for fair compensation. Contact our law firm today at (800) 693-7833 to schedule a free consultation.