Hartwell, GA (October 30, 2023) – A fatal crash reported in Hart County claimed one man’s life. The incident occurred at around 10:35 p.m. on October 28.
According to reports from the Georgia State Patrol, 31-year-old Robert Dylan Maxwell was fatally struck by a vehicle on the Georgia 77 Connector. The vehicle, a Buick Envision, was traveling eastbound at the time of the accident.
The driver of the Buick, a 16-year-old female, remained at the scene.
Maxwell suffered fatal injuries. He was pronounced dead by authorities.
At this time, investigations into the accident are underway.
We offer our sympathies to the family of Robert Dylan Maxwell.
Fatal Pedestrian Accidents in Georgia
Statistics show that hundreds of pedestrians are struck by vehicles in Georgia every year. Unfortunately, there are many instances where these victims do not overcome the injuries they suffered. As a result, they end up passing away, leaving families completely devastated and torn apart.
Far too often, fatal pedestrian accidents are a result of driver negligence and recklessness. Some of the most common causes include:
- Failure to yield the right of way: When drivers do not yield the right of way to pedestrians, it can have devastating consequences. Unfortunately, there are many instances where drivers fail to yield the right-of-way to pedestrians in crosswalks and cause severe accidents.
- Distracted driving: When drivers are not paying attention to the road ahead, they may be unable to see pedestrians who are traveling nearby.
- Speeding: When drivers are traveling too fast, they may not be able to stop in time to avoid collisions with pedestrians who are crossing in designated crosswalks and other areas.
- Impaired driving: When drivers are under the influence of drugs or alcohol, they may not be able to stop their vehicles in order to avoid collisions with pedestrians.
- Poor visibility: If a driver is unable to see a pedestrian due to weather or other circumstances, it can lead to devastating collisions. Unfortunately, we see a significant number of these accidents take place at nighttime when drivers may not have the ability to see pedestrians due to dark road conditions.
If your loved one has lost their life as a result of a pedestrian crash, you should seek legal representation right away from a wrongful death lawyer. An attorney will be able to help you pursue a wrongful death claim against the driver responsible for your loved one’s untimely passing.
Losing a loved one is never easy, and dealing with the aftermath of a wrongful death can be even more challenging. That’s why our team at Ted Greve & Associates is dedicated to helping bereaved families get justice and fair compensation for their loss. With decades of experience, we have the skills and knowledge to handle each case efficiently and effectively. Our goal is to provide compassionate guidance throughout the legal process while fighting tirelessly for your rights. If you have lost a loved one due to someone else’s negligence, contact our dedicated legal team by calling (800) 693-7833 for a free case evaluation. We are here to support you during this difficult time.