The holidays have fallen upon us once again. It’s that time of year when people celebrate with families and friends. Whether it’s a Christmas party for work or a New Year’s Eve celebration, it’ll probably involve alcohol. People who normally behave the rest of the year drink a little more than they normally would. This means they think they’re okay to drive when they really should be calling an Uber. If you or your loved one is injured in a car accident, you need to call an experienced drunk driving accident lawyer in Augusta. They can review your case and fight to get you the damages you deserve.
Drunk Driving Accidents Tend to Be Reckless and Dangerous
Nobody should ever get behind the wheel after they’ve been drinking as it is extremely risky. But as we mentioned above, this happens more often during the holidays. People drive a little too fast. They fall asleep at the wheel. There are all sorts of accidents caused by drunk drivers this time of year.
Some of the most common types of accidents caused by drunk driving include:
- Speeding – When people are drunk, they don’t realize how fast they’re driving. Or, they just don’t care. They take risks that they normally wouldn’t take. Or, they’re so scared they’ll get pulled over, they try to get home as fast as possible.
- Falling Asleep at the Wheel – When people drink too much alcohol, they get tired. They could stop at a red light and pass out. If their foot comes off the gas, they could plow into an unsuspecting driver.
- Reckless Driving – When someone is drunk, they simply can’t appreciate the risks that they take.
- Wrong-Way Collisions – There are stories on the news all the time of people who get drunk and then go down the street the wrong way.
- Head-On Collisions – All it takes is a few seconds of taking your eyes off the road. If a drunk driver nods out or gets confused, they can crash into you head-on.
Because drunk driving accidents tend to be the most serious kind of crashes, they cause very serious injuries. You could be in the hospital for quite some time. You may need long-term physical therapy. Your car accident attorney will fight to get you compensation for these injuries.
Your Car Accident Lawyer Will Demand Damages from the Drunk Driver
If you get hit by a drunk driver this holiday season, you should be entitled to damages. It is not hard to prove that the drunk driver was responsible for your crash. As long as you go to the hospital immediately after your crash, your Augusta car accident lawyer should be able to get you damages.
Your Augusta car accident lawyer will demand the following when it comes to damages:
- Medical Bills: You shouldn’t be responsible for any medical bills caused by the crash. The drunk driver should be.
- Lost Wages: Even minor surgery will put you out of work for a while. This is why you need to call a lawyer. They’ll demand that you be compensated for any time missed from work.
- Property Damage: If your car is damaged in the crash – and it probably will be – the other driver should be liable for repairs.
- Pain and Suffering: Serious injuries mean serious pain. Your attorney may be able to get you damages for your pain and suffering.
When you get hit by a drunk driver, it can turn your world upside down. It’s important that you have an experienced car accident lawyer thereto help. They’ll let you focus on getting better while they handle the legal side of things.
Contact an Experienced Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer in Augusta, Georgia
With so many more people on the road, there’s a higher chance of you getting into a drunk driving accident this holiday season. A lot of these drivers may be coming from a holiday party or dinner. This means they may have had a few too many drinks. If you’re the victim in a drunk driving crash, you need to call an experienced drunk driving accident lawyer in Augusta, Georgia at Ted A. Greve & Associates.
Once your attorney gets a chance to review your case, they’ll reach out to the insurance company. They’ll do their best to negotiate a settlement of your claim. If this isn’t possible, they’ll file a lawsuit on your behalf.
Call today and schedule a consultation with our expert staff. It costs you nothing to meet with an attorney for the first time. Let them give you the peace of mind you need at a difficult time.