Undoubtedly, getting involved in a Mableton car accident is one of the scariest and most traumatizing experiences one can go through. However, the sad truth is that accidents happen on a daily basis and they are a leading cause of death and destruction in the country. An accident can have long-term consequences on the victim and their families. It can completely uproot you from your normal life and leave you on a long path to recovery. However, if the accident was caused by someone else’s fault, the state law in Georgia allows you to take legal action against the responsible party and seek financial compensation for your injuries and losses.
Car accident cases fall under personal injury law which is meant to protect those injured by the negligent actions of others. However, it is important to note that dealing with a car accident case isn’t as easy or straightforward as you might expect, which is where a Mableton car accident lawyer comes in. There are many specific rules, procedures, and deadlines involved when it comes to filing a car accident claim. And if not done properly, you can potentially lose your right to compensation forever. An experienced Mableton Car Accident Lawyer at Ted A. Greve and Associates can help you get the justice you deserve and ensure that get the full and fair compensation you deserve.
Have you or your loved one been injured as a result of a negligent driver in Mableton, Ga? You don’t have to deal with the burden alone. After all, you weren’t responsible for the injuries. Get in touch with us today at (844) 387-8677 for effective legal representation.
Car Accident Statistics
While Georgia is generally considered a safe state to drive in compared to other states, there is still a high need for drivers to exercise great caution while driving as the statistics are shockingly high. According to the most recent statistics, in 2019, the state of Georgia reported 5,839 accidents resulting in 481 deaths and 7921 injuries. Even though the number of total car accidents had dropped by 9.5% from 2018, the number of fatalities had increased by 5%.
The city of Mableton, Georgia saw a total of 8 fatal accidents in 2019, with one accident involving a drunk driver. As you can see, there is still much that needs to be done to ensure safety within our roads.
How Much Does a Car Accident Lawyer Cost
One of the main reasons why accident victims fail to seek the assistance of an expert lawyer for their case is the fear of how much it will cost them.
However, most professional personal injury lawyers including us, Ted A. Greve & Associates, P.A, charge on a contingency basis. In this type of payment arrangement, you only pay us after we have won your case or secured a favorable payment. As a result, you have nothing to lose by hiring one of our skilled attorneys.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
After being involved in a car accident, what you do next will have a huge impact on the outcome of your case. To protect your rights, here are some important steps you need to take.
- Contact Police: It is highly important that you call the police whenever you are involved in an accident. Not only will the police help to determine who’s at fault but you will also need the official police report later on when proving your claim.
- Check on Other Involved Parties : If anyone has been injured or in further danger, contact emergency responders.
- Exchange Info: Ensure that you collect the names, contact details, address, and license and insurance information of other drivers involved. You should also give out yours.
- Record the Scene: If possible, take photos and videos of the scene of the accident. Remember to capture images of your injuries, damages to the vehicles, and any skid marks on the road. You can also note down any important details that may help your case and also collect the contact information of any available witnesses.
- Never Admit Fault: Regardless of how you feel about the accident, you shouldn’t admit fault or apologize for the accident as this can seriously harm your claim. Let the police, insurance adjusters, and your lawyer do their job and get to the bottom of the incident.
- Seek Medical Attention: This step is very important after being involved in a car accident. Even if you feel fine, you might have some hidden injuries that could manifest later on when it’s too late. So, ensure that you seek medical attention as soon as possible after the accident. Ensure that you keep a record of your medications and treatments.
- Call a Car Accident Lawyer!
After seeking medical treatment, contact an experienced Mableton Car Accident Lawyer at Ted A. Greve & Associates, P.A. as soon as possible. An attorney will help you handle the claims process as well as ensure that you receive fair and full compensation.
What is the Average Settlement for a Car Accident?
When it comes to Mableton car accident cases, there is no average settlement since all cases are different. There are many factors unique to your case that your Mableton Car Accident Lawyer will take into account when determining the value of your case.
When Should I Get a Lawyer for my Auto Accident?
It is important that you hire an attorney as soon as possible after the accident, especially if you suffered injuries or substantial property damage. Remember, the at-fault party’s insurance company will get to work right away investigating the accident and will be looking for all ways to minimize the amount they have to pay or completely shift the blame to you. An attorney will guide you on the best course of action including what to say and what not to say and ensure that your claim is handled as effectively as possible to ensure maximum compensation.
Why do I Need a Lawyer?
Having an attorney will be integral to the success of your car accident case. Our attorneys have extensive experience dealing with such cases, and they know what works and what doesn’t work. Here’s how we can help your case:
Case Preparation / Filing a Lawsuit
Our first step when preparing your case is conducting a thorough investigation into the incident. We will gather all the necessary evidence to prove your claim and ensure maximum compensation. We will also help ensure that your claim is filed properly and within the required deadlines.
A majority of car accident claims end in settlement. Court trials are often lengthy and expensive for all parties involved. As a result, insurance companies will seek to settle out of court to avoid the extra costs. However, insurance companies are notorious for using underhand tactics to fool vulnerable victims. They will try to pressure you settle fast and for the least amount possible. But when you have a lawyer on your side, the insurance company will take your claim more seriously and present a favorable offer. Your attorney will handle the negotiations on your behalf and ensure that you receive the full compensation that you deserve.
Trial Preparation & Representation
In some cases, taking your case to trial might be the best option for your case. This happens when the insurance company fails to present a favorable settlement offer or fails to cooperate. Your attorney will further research your case and ensure that you have a solid case to present before a judge or jury.
What Type of Damages Can I Recover?
There are three main types of damages that you can recover in a Georgia car accident case:
- Economic: These are verifiable monetary losses you’ve incurred due to the accident including past and future medical bills, lost wages, car repairs, etc.
- Non-Economic: You can also recover damages for non-monetary losses including pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of companionship, etc.
- Punitive: These types of damages are only awarded in cases where the defendant acted in an intentional, grossly negligent, or malicious manner. The state of Georgia has put a cap of $250,000 for punitive damages.
How is Fault Determined?
- Fault or liability in car accident cases is based on the law of negligence. To prove that the other party is liable for your injuries and losses, you have to prove the following elements of negligence:
- The other driver owed you duty of care
- The other driver breached this duty of care.
- Your injuries were caused by the negligence of the other driver and not something else.
- You suffered actual damages as a result of the accident.
How Long do I Have to File a Claim?
In the state of Georgia, the statute of limitations is two years from the date of the accident. When this time period lapses, you permanently lose your right to compensation.
What Can I do if Insurance Denied My Claim?
There are various reasons why an insurance claim can be denied, for example, an invalid or canceled policy or failing to file your claim in time. However, in case you feel like your claim was unfairly denied, you should contact an attorney as soon as possible. They will help you appeal the denial or file a lawsuit as a last resort.
Call Ted A. Greve & Associates at (844) 387-8677 to discuss your car accident claim.
Do I Have a Case?
An attorney will assess the specific details of your case and determine whether you have a valid case and guide you on the best of action.
What if the Other Driver Doesn’t Have Insurance?
If the other driver is uninsured, then you have the option to file a lawsuit against them to recover damages. However, this option rarely achieves success which is why it is important to always stay protected through uninsured motorist coverage.
How Can I Obtain an Accident Report?
You can obtain your official police report at the local police department that responded to the accident or the State patrol office nearest to the scene of the accident, or online through the BuyCrash.com website. To get this report, you will have to part with $5.
Common Car Accident Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Back Injuries
- Neck Injuries
- Head Injuries
- Internal Injuries
- Facial Disfigurement
- Leg & Knee Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
Types of Car Accidents We Handle
- Driving Under the Influence Accidents (Drinking & Drugs)
- Distracted Driving
- Head-on Collisions
- Hit & Run Accidents
- Rear-End Accidents
- Reckless Driving
- Rideshare Accidents
- Rollover Accidents
- Speeding Accidents
- Uninsured Motorist
Contact An Experienced Car Accident Attorney Today
Getting involved in a car accident is a serious situation that can have dire consequences for you and your family. If the accident was caused as a result of the negligence of another person, they should be accountable for their wrongful acts. Our attorneys at Ted A. Greve and Associates can help you get the justice that you deserve. Let us fight for you and help ease your burden. Call us today at (844) 387-8677 to schedule your free initial consultation.