One thing that personal injury lawyers can agree on is that motorcycle accidents in Atlanta tend to be the most dangerous type of motor vehicle accident. Because there is nothing there to protect the rider, they tend to suffer much more serious injuries than other motorists. Sadly, many of these injuries prove to be fatal. Even if you’re lucky enough to survive, you could be left paralyzed. Or, you may never be able to work again.
The only thing protecting a motorcycle rider from injury is a plastic helmet. If they get into a crash, they’re likely to be ejected from their bike. They can even get thrown a dozen feet and get run over by other cars. There’s nothing there to keep them safe. At least car drivers have a metal machine there to protect them from the impact of the other car. Motorcycle riders don’t have this luxury.
If you or your loved one has been in a motorcycle accident, you’re going to need a good motorcycle accident lawyer in Atlanta. You won’t be in any position to deal with insurance companies or lawyers. You need to focus on getting better. Let your Atlanta motorcycle accident lawyer handle the legal side of things.
What Kinds of Injuries Will You Suffer in a Motorcycle Accident?
As mentioned above, motorcycle accident victims tend to suffer much more serious injuries than other accident victims. This is because there’s nothing standing between them and the other vehicle. There’s also nothing there to protect them from the road.
Some of the injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents in Atlanta include:
- Spinal cord injuries – Most people who suffer a spinal cord injury end up paralyzed. You could end up in a wheelchair for the rest of your life. If this happens, odds are you won’t be able to work again.
- Broken neck – Similar to a spinal cord injury, a broken neck can be debilitating. If you break your neck in a motorcycle accident, you’re going to need surgery and long-term physical therapy.
- Back injuries – Given the impact suffered, you’ll probably experience some sort of back injury. These injuries also tend to require surgery and physical therapy.
- Traumatic brain injury – Whenever you sustain a serious blow to the head, you can end up with a traumatic brain injury.
Yes, you can suffer other sorts of injuries. You can also get seriously hurt in other types of motor vehicle crashes. However, these tend to be more common with motorcycle accidents in Atlanta.
Your Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Atlanta Has to Prove Damages
As long as you go to the hospital, your Atlanta motorcycle accident lawyer should be able to prove your damages. They’ll need your medical records to prove that you were injured. Now they have to demonstrate exactly why you should have a claim for damages. Depending on your case, you may be able to demand any or all of the following:
- Medical Bills – If you are hospitalized or require medical motorcycle, the defendant will have to pay for this treatment. This includes future medical motorcycle as well. Your doctor can testify as to what future medical treatment you need. The defendant will be liable for these expenses.
- Lost Wages – If you miss a significant amount of time from work, you can demand that you be reimbursed for lost wages. Usually, this requires that you miss at least a couple of weeks. Your attorney will submit time sheets and payroll records to prove these damages.
- Property Damage – If any of your property was damaged or destroyed during the accident, you can demand compensation.
- Pain and Suffering – These damages are intended to compensate you for physical and mental anguish. These usually make up the lion’s share of your settlement.
- Permanent Disability – If you can no longer work as a result of your accident, the defendant may be held liable for these damages. They are represented by the difference in what you’ll earn on disability compared to what you would’ve earned if you could return to working full-time.
Just remember. It’s your lawyer’s job to make you whole. It’s not their job to make you rich. They’ll do what they can to get you the compensation you deserve.
Contact an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney in Atlanta Today
If you have been hurt in any sort of motor vehicle accident, you need to contact an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer in Atlanta today. They can review your case and let you know what it may be worth. They can also answer any questions you may have.
Call Ted A. Greve & Associates today and schedule your initial consultation. It’s absolutely free and you pay nothing until you settle your case. The defendant will have a team of lawyers working for them and you should too. There’s too much at stake to try to handle this yourself. Let them handle the legal side of things while you focus on getting better.