One thing that personal injury lawyers in Atlanta, GA can agree on is that motorcycle accidents in Atlanta tend to be the most dangerous type of motor vehicle accident. Because there is nothing there to protect the rider, they tend to suffer much more serious injuries than other motorists. Sadly, many of these injuries prove to be fatal. Even if you’re lucky enough to survive, you could be left paralyzed. Or, you may never be able to work again.
The only thing protecting a motorcycle rider from injury is a plastic helmet. If they get into a crash, they’re likely to be ejected from their bike. They can even get thrown a dozen feet and get run over by other cars. There’s nothing there to keep them safe. At least car drivers have a metal machine there to protect them from the impact of the other car. Motorcycle riders don’t have this luxury.
If you or your loved one has been in a motorcycle accident, you’re going to need a good motorcycle accident lawyer in Atlanta. You won’t be in any position to deal with insurance companies or lawyers. You need to focus on getting better. Let your Atlanta motorcycle accident lawyer handle the legal side of things.
What Kinds of Injuries Are Common With Motorcycle Accidents in Atlanta?
As mentioned above, motorcycle accident victims tend to suffer much more serious injuries than other accident victims. This is because there’s nothing standing between them and the other vehicle. There’s also nothing there to protect them from the road.
Some of the injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents in Atlanta include:
- Spinal cord injuries – These types of injuries can leave a person paralyzed. If the injury takes place in a certain spot on the spine, you may never walk again.
- Broken neck – Like a spinal cord injury, these injuries can leave you paralyzed. You may never walk again. This is because there is nothing protecting your neck in a motorcycle accident.
- Back injuries – It’s common for motorcycle accident victims to suffer serious back injuries. It could be anything from a broken back to disc issues.
- Traumatic brain injury – These injuries are caused when you suffer a serious blow to the head.
While there are other types of injuries you may suffer, these tend to be the most debilitating.
Your Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Atlanta Has to Prove Damages
In order to have a claim for injury damages, your attorney has to prove your case. It’s not enough to say you were hurt. You have to prove it. This is why it’s crucial that you go to the hospital after your crash.
Depending on the facts of your case, you may be entitled to any of the following:
- Medical Bills – Motorcycle accidents do tend to cause serious injuries. This means you’ll experience a lot of medical bills. The defendant should be liable for these expenses.
- Lost Wages –Anyone involved in a motorcycle crash will probably miss a few weeks from work. Maybe even longer. This means you’ll be entitled to compensation for any missed time.
- Property Damage – Your bike will probably be destroyed in the crash. It simply doesn’t stand a chance against a motor vehicle.
- Pain and Suffering –In a lot of cases, these types of damages can make up a large portion of your settlement. These are intended to compensate you for the mental and physical anguish caused by your injuries.
- Permanent Disability – There’s a good chance that you’ll end up on disability after a serious motorcycle crash. You can demand the difference between what you’ll get on disability versus what you would’ve earned working full time.
As long as you went to the hospital for medical care, you should be able to prove your damages.
Contact an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney in Atlanta Today
If you are injured in a motorcycle crash, call and talk to an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer in Atlanta, GA right away. They can review your case and give you an idea of what it might be worth. They can also find out if the insurance company is willing to settle your claim.
Call today and schedule your free initial consultation. You can sit down with an attorney who has handled dozens of cases just like yours. They can answer any questions you might have. They can even let you know if your case has any merit.