A lot of people tend to think of rear-end accidents as minor. The people walk away with just a few bumps and bruises. Usually, the people who hit you from behind isn’t driving all that fast. What’s the worst that can happen? Unfortunately, you may get to find out how bad it can be this holiday season.
With so many people on the road during the holidays, tensions can get high. You could be in bumper to bumper traffic and have the person behind you slam into you. This could knock you into the car in front of you. Your car could be destroyed. You could end up in the hospital needing surgery and long-term physical therapy.
If this happens, you’re going to need an experienced automobile accident lawyer in Atlanta, GA. They can deal with the insurance company on your behalf. They can also file a lawsuit if your claim is denied.
What are some of the Types of Accidents that Happen This Time of Year?
With so many people out and about, the malls and roads are a lot more crowded than usual. There are all sorts of accidents that Atlanta car accident lawyers see this time of year. They can all cause serious injuries. They can also cause a lot of damage to your car.
Some of the more common accidents we see during the holidays include:
- Pedestrian accidents – Not everyone drives. With a lot of people going green, the walk or jog. Sometimes, drivers don’t see these people. This can cause very dangerous pedestrian accidents.
- Road rage – People are tense around the holidays. They get angry a lot faster than usual. This can cause road rage –even a honked horn can set someone off.
- Drunk driving accidents – People who normally don’t drink go out around the holidays and have a cocktail or two. This can lead to a much higher number of drunk driving accidents.
- Rear-end collisions – These may seem like minor accidents. But if you’re on the highway or busy road, they can be disastrous.
If you’re injured in a motor vehicle accident this holiday season, it’s a good idea to call and talk to an accident attorney.
You May Be Entitled to Damages Depending on Your Injuries
Just because rear-end accidents are usually minor doesn’t mean you won’t be entitled to damages. You’re entitled to be compensated for any losses you have suffered. Some of the things your Atlanta car accident attorney will demand include the following:
- Medical Bills: If you experienced any bills for things like hospital visits, doctor’s appointments, and prescriptions, you can demand reimbursement.
- Lost Wages: As long as you missed a couple of weeks from work or longer, you can demand compensation. You will have to prove what kind of time you missed. This can be done using timesheets or payroll records.
- Property Damage: If your car is damaged or destroyed in the crash, let your attorney know. They’ll submit copies of receipts from the mechanic. They can also use proof that your car was totaled to get your damages.
- Pain and Suffering: Hopefully, your rear-end accident is only minor and you won’t have to worry about pain and suffering. However, if your injuries are serious, you’ll be eligible for these types of damages as well.
Regardless of the extent of your damages, your car accident lawyer in Atlanta, Georgia will push to get you as much as possible. Just remember – you have to be able to prove whatever damages you claim.
Contact an Experienced Car Accident Lawyer Who Handles Rear-End Accidents in Atlanta
Some people do choose to handle their car accident claim on their own. This is your right. However, the insurance company will take you more seriously if you have a lawyer. This is why it’s a good idea to call an experienced Atlanta, GA car wreck attorney as soon as possible after the crash.
Your lawyer will let you focus on getting better. They’ll deal with the insurance company and the defendant’s lawyer. This way, you know your claim will be handled properly from the start.
Call today and schedule your initial consultation with our team. The consultation is free and you pay nothing until you win or settle your case. Getting into any sort of accident can be stressful. Having a skilled lawyer will give you the peace of mind you desperately need.