If you’ve ever waited until the last minute to go holiday shopping, you know how miserable people can be. They’re tired and frustrated. The last thing they want to be doing is sharing the road with a bunch of shoppers. Nobody likes to do that. As an Atlanta car wreck lawyer will agree, this causes people to drive a bit more carelessly this time of year.
If you find yourself in bumper to bumper traffic, be patient. You have to be extra careful because you have no idea what other drivers are going to do. There are more accidents this time of year. There are lots of reasons for this, including:
- People are tired and are in a rush – they tend to pay less attention to the road when they’re like this
- There are simply too many cars on the road – everyone’s trying to get somewhere at the same time
- People are more likely to be texting and driving when they’re scurrying to get their shopping done
If you find yourself in a car accident this December, call and speak with an experienced car accident lawyer in Atlanta. They’ll review your case and let you know if you have a valid claim. They’ll also contact the insurance company and try to negotiate payment of your claim. If this doesn’t work, they’ll have no choice but to file a lawsuit on your behalf. This means they’ll have to prove your case.
In order to give your Atlanta car wreck lawyer the best chance to get you the compensation you deserve, there are certain things you need to do after your crash.
What Should You Do After a Car Accident this Holiday Season?
A lot of what you need to do after a car accident in Atlanta is common sense. However, some people get overwhelmed after a crash. So, it’s important that you know what to do after a car accident. There are a few important things you have to do no matter how minor your car accident is. They include the following:
- Call the police: Within minutes, the police will come to the accident scene and start their investigation. They’ll also prepare a police report that you can use to prove your case.
- Seek medical treatment immediately: It doesn’t matter how minor your accident is. You need to go to the emergency room. This way, your lawyer will be able to prove your injuries later on.
- Call an experienced car accident lawyer in Atlanta: Your attorney has a lot of experience dealing with insurance companies. They have developed a rapport with a lot of the insurance adjusters.
If you don’t follow these steps, you could have a hard time proving your case.
Your Car Accident Lawyer in Atlanta Will Fight to Get You the Compensation You Deserve
Even if your accident is minor, you may be entitled to damages. It depends on what you had to put out of pocket. It also depends on how much your personal health insurance company had to pay to cover your medical treatment.
Your attorney will demand the following types of damages:
- Medical Bills: If you needed surgery or other care, the defendant should be held responsible for this.
- Lost Wages: As long as you miss more than a couple weeks from work, you may be entitled to lost wages.
- Property Damage: If your car is damaged, you’ll have to get it fixed. You shouldn’t have to pay out of pocket for this.
- Pain and Suffering: Depending on how serious your injuries are, you may be entitled to pain and suffering damages.
Your car accident lawyer in Atlanta, Georgia is paid on a contingency basis. They don’t get paid unless you get paid. So, you know they will fight to get you as much compensation as possible.
Contact an Experienced Car Accident Lawyer in Atlanta, Georgia
If you’ve ever been a frustrated holiday shopper, you know how it gets. You’re rushing from store to store, trying to get everything done. So is everyone else. This means people may not drive as carefully as they should. If you get injured in a crash this holiday season, it’s a good idea to call and talk to an experienced car accident lawyer in Atlanta. They’ll work hard to settle your case as quickly as possible.
Call and schedule your free initial consultation with our office today. Let an experienced Atlanta car wreck lawyer answer any questions you may have.