When you have suffered injuries in North Augusta as a result of another person’s negligence, Georgia law allows you to claim compensation for your damages. Proving the negligence of the other party is a complicated process that requires the expertise of a reliable North Augusta personal injury lawyer.
You don’t need to look further than Ted A. Greve and Associates when you are looking for the best personal injury law firm near North Augusta. We are committed to providing professional and personalized service to every client. Our highly trained support staff will assist each client to build a strong case and obtain maximum benefits in the process. Our experienced lawyers will discuss your specific situation and go through the options available to you. We will work with the insurance companies and other parties involved in your case to ensure your needs are handled quickly and appropriately.
Our goal is to put our clients at ease right from the start. We understand how hard it is when you are seriously injured due to an accident. Our team is committed to protect the rights of our clients and obtain maximum benefits on behalf of them. That is why you need to rely on Ted A. Greve and Associates when you are looking for the best personal injury lawyer in North Augusta. Call Ted A. Greve and Associates today at (800) 693-7833 for a free case evaluation.
What Should I Do After an Injury?
Most accident victims are confused as to what they should do soon after an accident in North Augusta. There are many important steps to take soon after the incident.
Seek Medical Treatment
The first thing is to seek medical help even if you are not seriously injured in the accident. You need to retain all the medical records to prove that you were actually injured in the accident when filing your case.
Check on Others
Check if anyone else is seriously injured and in need of your assistance.
Report the Accident
If you’re in an auto accident, call 911 and report the incident. Get a copy of the police report from the local police department when it is available with them. The police report plays an important part in proving the negligence of the other party. If you are hurt at work, notify your supervisor.
Take photos/video and record the accident scene if you are in a position to do so. This will help your lawyer evaluate the case properly and build a strong case on your behalf.
Exchange Information and Get Witness Information
Exchange information with the other party. Get the license, insurance, name, address, and contact details of the other driver and give your details to him/her. Collect the contact information of any witnesses to the accident scene. Your lawyer will interview the witnesses to ascertain who was at fault and build a strong case when filing your lawsuit.
Never Admit Fault & Contact a Lawyer
The most important thing is to never admit fault for the accident before you consult with a professional North Augusta personal injury lawyer at Ted A. Greve and Associates.
Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
There are many benefits of hiring the best personal injury lawyer in North Augusta to handle your case and obtain maximum benefits for your injuries. Here is why you need to choose a reliable lawyer at Ted A. Greve and Associates to handle your case:
- Our lawyers have helped hundreds of accident victims build strong personal injury cases. Our team will prepare and file your case in a way that you obtain maximum benefits for your damages.
- Our team has extensive experience in negotiating with insurance companies on behalf of their clients. We have won millions of dollars in compensation on behalf of our clients by negotiating with insurance providers.
- In case the insurance company denies your claim due to whatever reason, our team has the necessary experience and skills to take your case to trial in order to obtain maximum compensation for your injuries.
What Type of Damages Can I Recover?
Georgia law allows accident victims to claim three basic types of damages for their injuries and property losses such as:
Economic damages are fairly easy to prove because they can be easily calculated. Some of the most common economic damages include medical bills for emergency treatment, past & future medical bills, lost wages (past and future), rehabilitation costs including physical therapy, costs related to nursing care & assisted living, and other monetary losses due to the accident.
This is where most disagreements occur when negotiating with insurance companies. These damages are difficult to calculate and assign a monetary value. Some of the most common non-economic damages include mental stress, anxiety, pain, suffering, a decrease in quality of life due to the injuries suffered, and negative impacts on personal relationships after the accident.
Punitive damages are usually awarded to the victim to punish the reckless behavior of the at-fault party. It helps deter similar behavior of other drivers.
How is Liability Determined?
Georgia is a modified comparative fault state. Georgia holds that any person injured as a result of an auto accident could claim damages in a personal injury case as long as he or she was less than 51% to blame for whatever incident resulted in injury. The plaintiff needs to prove four important negligence elements to claim compensation from the at-fault party.
- The defendant had a duty to conform to a standard of conduct – The at-fault driver has a duty of care to protect the lives and property of other people using the road network when driving.
- The at-fault party breached that duty, for example by driving recklessly or was distracted while driving.
- The breach of duty resulted in the injuries of the victim. The injured person should be able to prove that his/her injuries resulted from the action (or inaction) of the at-fault party. The injured party is also required to have exercised “ordinary care” themselves in order to avoid being injured.
- The injury caused damages that the victim is claiming in his/her lawsuit. Damages can be economic like medical bills or non-economic like pain and suffering.
How Much Time Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim in Georgia?
You have three years from the date of the accident to claim compensation for your injuries as well to claim compensation for property damages such as car repairs, etc. If not, Georgia’s statute of limitations will come into effect making it impossible to file a claim.
Personal Injury Claims Process
The first step is to notify the insurance provider of the at-fault party. The insurance company will ask you a few basic questions such as your name, date & location of the accident, and whether or not you sustained injuries as a result of the accident. You shouldn’t discuss the incident in length with the adjuster without speaking to a personal injury lawyer at Ted A. Greve and Associates.
If your case is complicated, it is best to hire a professional personal injury lawyer to handle the claims process on your behalf. Our lawyers can assist you through the negotiation process to reach an agreeable settlement without having to file a lawsuit. If a settlement can not be reached, we are prepared to represent you in court.
How Much Will a North Augusta Personal Injury Lawyer Cost?
The personal injury lawyers at Ted A. Greve and Associates work on a contingency fee basis where you don’t have to pay them anything until they win your case. Our lawyers will charge a percentage of the award the courts gave you. The percentage is agreed in advance. In fact, the fees depend on the amount of work the lawyer has to put in. If the case is settled without going to courts, you owe less than if the case has to go all the way through the court process.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle at Ted A. Greve & Associates
We handle a wide range of personal injury cases such as:
- Car Accidents – Car accidents are quite common in North Augusta, SC. Our team is experienced in handling all types of car accident cases in GA.
- Truck Accidents – These types of accidents often cause severe injuries and even deaths. Truck accident cases are also usually complicated, so you need an experienced attorney on your side.
- Medical Malpractice – When you have become a victim of medical malpractice, you need legal guidance to claim compensation for your condition.
- Workers’ Compensation – You need a lawyer to handle your case when you have been injured on the job.
- Wrongful Death – If you lost a loved one due to someone’s wrongful actions or negligence, our skilled wrongful death attorneys can help your family recover compensation.
Contact Our North Augusta Personal Injury Lawyers Today
When you have been injured in an accident due to someone else’s fault, you can claim compensation from the responsible party. You need to hire the best personal injury lawyer in North Augusta, SC to handle your case. Our firm has secured multiple million-dollar settlements for clients in the past. Plus, we charge no legal fees if we don’t win your case.
Call Ted A. Greve and Associates today at (800) 693-7833 to get started with a free case evaluation.