If you are at the back of the wheel, it’s your responsibility to drive safely. Many people are busy checking their phones for messages, notifications on social media apps, or talking to someone else. Some drivers are reckless or aggressive. Some drivers even get behind the wheel while intoxicated.
Car accidents can lead to serious injuries. Why should you pay for the treatment when some careless driver is responsible for your troubles? We say you take immediate action as soon as you can. One of our Smyrna car accident lawyers will talk to you about the case and discuss your chances of winning.
We understand that you need support during this time. Our experienced Smyrna personal injury lawyers will take care of court proceedings while you recover. We will inform you about the position of the case as and when things progress in court. If you are confident that someone else is responsible for the car accident that led to your injury, call us at (844) 387-8677 to set up an appointment as soon as possible. Together, we will win the case on your behalf and help provide the compensation you deserve from the offender.
Car Accident Statistics in Smyrna, Georgia
Although Smyrna, Georgia, has a relatively fewer car accident fatality count than other cities, it still isn’t a city with zero accident cases. In 2019, there were 6 fatal accidents due to careless driving. There were 11 vehicles involved in multiple accidents. The fatality count was 7. There were 12 people involved in these fatal accidents. These statistics show that Smyrna, Georgia, is trying the best to curb the numbers. But it will still take some time to bring the number to zero.
How Much Does a Smyrna Car Accident Lawyer Cost?
Ted A. Greve & Associates never charges clients anything upfront. We believe in winning the case first to prove our worth. You can contact us for a free consultation before hiring us. We will go over the case details and assess your chances of winning. You don’t need to pay anything while hiring us. We only charge a small percentage of your claims as a fee after we win.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
It is easy to get baffled after a car accident. Your mind may not work because of the trauma. But we request you to stay calm because panicking will not help you in making the right decisions. Here’s what you should do after a car accident:
• Stop your vehicle right away. It doesn’t matter whether it’s a minor or major injury; you must stop your car immediately. If you leave the scene, you could be charged with a hit-and-run.
• Next, call the police as soon as possible. It is a key step to make your insurance claims. Calling the police also serves as an official record of the accident.
• Try to take pictures of the crime scene after you contact the police. Take photos of your damaged car, its surroundings, and most importantly, your injuries. The more photos you collect, the more proof we have against the offender.
• Don’t forget to gather information about the other driver. Make sure you note down his/her name, address, phone number, insurance company details, and vehicle registration. If the driver doesn’t agree to provide the information, you can take a picture of the car and the offender. The police may later track down the driver if he/she flees.
• Talk to the witnesses if possible. Gather their names, addresses, and contact numbers. They can later help in winning the case.
• Get medical treatment immediately. The police can help you reach the nearest hospital and take care of the wounds.
• Contact us once you are in a position to talk comfortably. You have every right to file a case against the reckless driver and claim compensation for your injuries.
What Is the Average Settlement for a Car Accident?
This depends on the severity of your injury. Minor injuries like cuts and bruises will not fetch a huge compensation. But if the injury involves broken limbs, significant damage to your car, and destruction of valuables in your car, then the offender must pay a huge amount to compensate for your losses. Let us assess what your case may be worth. We will pursue the maximum compensation possible. Our lawyers know how to negotiate with insurance companies for the best settlement amount.
When Should I Get a Lawyer for My Auto Accident?
It is wise to contact a lawyer as soon as possible. Over time, witnesses’ memories fade and crucial evidence may become harder to obtain.
According to the statute of limitations in Georgia, a victim must file a car accident case within two years from the day of the accident. You will lose your eligibility to claim compensation if you don’t file the case within this period. However, this rule isn’t applicable if a public agency or government agency is at fault. The time limit to file a case against such agencies is shorter.
You shouldn’t wait to fully recover from the injury before filing the claim. Make sure you contact us as soon as you can talk. We will take care of the legal procedures while you recover at the hospital or your home.
Why Do I Need a Lawyer For a Car Accident?
It is possible to file a car accident case alone in Smyrna. But you may not be familiar with the entire process. You may waste a lot of time figuring out the application process. Instead, let a professional handle the case. Here are a few reasons why we can come to your rescue:
• Case Preparation and Filing the Lawsuit – We follow a systematic process while filing your lawsuit. Our lawyers prepare the case documents in such a way that the judge won’t have problems understanding who is guilty and who is innocent.
• Settlement Negotiation – We will try to negotiate a settlement with the offender to reduce the time to solve the case. If the offender doesn’t agree, we will take the case to court. Our experienced lawyers are excellent at negotiating and would try to get the maximum amount of compensation for your injuries.
• Trial Preparation and Representation – Our lawyers will stay by your side as long as the case continues. They will prepare you with various questions that the opposing lawyer may ask you in court. Your lawyer will also prepare counter questions that can prove your innocence and the guilt of the offender.
How Much Can I Expect to Receive for My Damages?
As already mentioned, your average compensation depends on the severity of your injuries and damages involved to your property. You may claim thousands of bucks for a scratch on your car and a couple of bruises on your hand. But the opposition may not be ready to pay such a hefty amount. Therefore, instead of randomly asking any amount, let us assess the situation before calculating an average compensation figure.
What Type of Damages Can I Recover?
Here are some of the most common damages that you can recover if you win your car accident lawsuit:
• Expenses to repair the damages inflicted on your car
• Lost wages
• Present and future loss of earning capacity
• Present and future medical bills due to the accident
Apart from the above economic damages, you may also receive non-economic damages for pain and suffering, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment of activities if you suffer a disabling injury. You are entitled to damages for loss of companionship if the accident causes the death of a loved one.
In cases where a defendant acted in a way that was especially negligent, intentional, or malicious, courts may award punitive damages. Courts award these damages in order to punish the at-fault party and to deter any future wrongdoing.
How is Fault Determined?
Your Smyrna car accident lawyer must prove the four elements of negligence to win compensation for you:
- Duty of care — All drivers have a responsibility to follow traffic laws and take care to avoid accidents.
- Breach of duty — Driving under the influence, driving while distracted, reckless driving, and breaking other traffic laws is a breach of duty of care.
- Causation — Your attorney must prove the responsible party’s actions directly caused the accident.
- Damages — Your attorney will present evidence of your injuries, damages, and losses.
It’s important to note that Georgia follows the comparative negligence rule. This means that if you’re partially at fault for the accident, your compensation will be reduced.
How Long Do I have to File a Car Accident Case in Georgia?
You can file the case within two years from the date of the accident.
How Can a Lawyer Help me File My Insurance Claim?
The lawyer knows the insurance claims process. Your attorney can conduct comprehensive investigations that help piece together all the facts when developing a robust strategy for winning your claim case. An experienced lawyer also knows the different areas that insurance companies can exploit to reject or discredit your claim.
What Can I Do if Insurance Denied My Claim?
At Ted A. Greve and Associates, we take pride in ensuring our clients get fair compensation. If an insurance provider unfairly denies your claim, we can take the matter before a judge or jury.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Accidents can cause a variety of injuries. Some of the most common include:
- Back injuries
- Internal injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck injuries
- Brain injuries
- Facial disfigurement
- Leg and knee injuries
- Head injuries
Types of Car Accidents We Handle
Our legal team has experience handling the following types of car accident cases:
- Head-on collisions
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol
- Rear-end accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Rideshare accidents
- Uninsured motorist accidents
- Speeding accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Reckless driving
Get a Free Case Review With a Smyrna Car Accident Lawyer
Act immediately when claiming your compensation for a car accident lawsuit. Allow our Georgia car accident law firm to represent you in court and help you recover the compensation you deserve. Call us at (844) 387-8677 today to discuss the case so we can formulate a concrete action plan to give you the best chance of winning.